New info about the Somerset Cty. TRS

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikea7531

Feed Provider
Some updates on the Somerset County TRS and related systems:

4-H Fair operations are being heard on Talkgroups 10352 and 10320 (mostly 10352). According to my source, these are loaner radios from County OEM - So these talkgroups are probably for 'events' - i have labeled them as such in my trunker setup.

The UHF Paging channel has been consistently putting out a PL of 167.9 for the past few weeks. I can safely say that this PL is to stay as I’ve heard 22 Rescue, HazMat, Martinsville Fire, and North Plainfield FD General tones on this channel with the PL of 167.9. This PL also corresponds to the PL on the UHF off-trunk multicast repeater.

W2SJW said:
BTW, talk about trying to save money - have you seen my latest update for Middlesex Boro? They're using the OEM repeater input freq. with a digital PL instead of 173.8 to facilitate the new FD repeater...:confused:
It probably has less to do with money and more to do with available frequencies and efficient reuse of resources. Open frequencies are pretty near impossible to find. If they had one that wasn't being used much, then it may have been retasked. That's over 4.4 MHz of separation. A lower isolation duplexer could also be used. I don't know that for sure, but it's a WAG that seems to work out, especially if some of the same people on the FD are involved in OEM and the system isn't used very often.

BTW, WNWE914 does not seem to have an FB2 station class (and there does not appear to be any modification in the works in ULS). If they relicensed, they'd have to narrowband as 154.4450 MHz is immediately adjacent to VTAC2 and now has a mandatory narrowband limitation (unless it's waivered).

W2SJW

Database Admin
I think, operationally, they did what they did by figuring in how much OEM actually uses their repeater on a 'standard' basis, and felt that the possibility of interference would be minimal at best.

Now, lets wait for the next hurricane or TS, and see what happens in town...

Status
Not open for further replies.