New member with zero infomation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sudyal

hello guys,
i'm sudyal from Saudi arabia , Riyadh City
i got some questions for you guys
i bought Uniden BC796D new one :)
my question is befor i bought the BC796D i was listing for Yakima Scanner and i like it
so there is somethings i can't understand it like
when i was listieng to the Yakima scanner i saw something like if there is a transmision from the fire it says
1-Fire Dep
and for the police ,, sherrief ,, etc ..
so is it hard to make it and the other thing i cant found any frequencies for my city so guys
any help ?
thanks

SAR923

What city and county are you in presently? I'm assuming it's somewhere n the USA but it would really help us help you if we knew for sure.

jon_k

Not many people live in the middle east on these forums. You may have to wait a while before someone has information.

You might seek a group in your country who can help you set your scanner up properly. Just make sure it isn't illegal or anything to use scanners there.

Sorry we couldn't help further!

Sudyal

Not many people live in the middle east on these forums. You may have to wait a while before someone has information.

You might seek a group in your country who can help you set your scanner up properly. Just make sure it isn't illegal or anything to use scanners there.

Sorry we couldn't help further!

hi there
i searched many were for people how own these scanner it's not illegal but they use other VHF thing like ICOM-2100 and theses things not the scanner
i read the manual for the Uniden and i got some info but the main question is how to figure out the frequencies

SAR923

Your government is well known for not having any public information about their security structure, including things like frequency information. If you know other people in Riyadh who are using any kind of radio, ask them what freqencies they listen to. Before you do this, it would still be a good idea to find out the legal status of the owning a receiver capable of picking up police broadcasts. The Saudi government tends to take a dim view of people who violate state security laws.

JoeyC

You can do what I and many of us did many moons ago, when I had zero information and no clue and no internet to ask questions to. SEARCH. Set up search ranges to cover the full range of the scanner and make note of what you hear and where. Later you can narrow the search ranges down and before you know it you will be overwelmed with radio signals to figure out. Then you report them back here for inclusion into the database.

chrismol1

P25 TruCking!
You can do what I and many of us did many moons ago, when I had zero information and no clue and no internet to ask questions to. SEARCH. Set up search ranges to cover the full range of the scanner and make note of what you hear and where. Later you can narrow the search ranges down and before you know it you will be overwelmed with radio signals to figure out. Then you report them back here for inclusion into the database.

Its a scanner, so SCAN!

DPD1

It sounds like the Yakima had preprogramed frequencies. If you still have that one you can just listen to that and get the ID's and frequencies, then program the info over to the new radio. Though one thing you might want to keep in mind... If the Yakima was preprogramed for the US, the frequencies in use might not match what the ID says. So when it says fire, it might not actually be fire. As mentioned, you're only option may be to use the search function and starting finding and figuring out what's what yourself.

Dave
www.DPDProductions.com
Antennas & Accessories for the RF Professional & Radio Hobbyist

af5rn

Just so you don't think nobody is trying, I just searched through the first 200 results on the Google for "riyadh police frequencies" and found nothing relevant for you. Sorry. There are thousands of other links at the Google though, so I would suggest you check them out. Good luck!

Cowthief

Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.

Hello.

Police forces are around 148 MHz for mobile to mobile and everyone is on the 400 MHz system.
Saudi Arabia runs a Motorola based UHF trunking system that just about anyone can get on, TDMA.
The second system is 900 MHz GSM cellular.
The white army uses 30 to 88 MHz FM frequency hopping radios but are usually in the clear and AM on HF.
The air force uses 225 to 420 MHz AM and FM.
Most of this is not encrypted in any way.
The keepers at the Kaaba use simple VHF FM with 22 repeaters.
The easy way to get frequencies is from the book that the security forces carry.
They get a new one every few months and all of the telephone numbers and codes change, but the frequencies almost never change.
When the Kingdom changes modes, every Hajj season, is when the real changes occur.
But, there is a Hajj mode, an Alert mode, and a Normal mode, and each mode change you will hear the new channels called out, as the people may not have updated the books.
The books, or Katib ar Wali as they are called, are not that hard to find but a crime to possess.
If you go to the Israeli scanner websites and look up Arabs states you will find quite a bit on the Kingdom.
Nothing I have given you is in any way a secret, as my thinking is if the Jews post this on open websites it can not be much of a secret.

alex1080

Help

so i need help guys , i just bought a bcd396t and i have no idea what iam doing i cant program it at all. i live in mississauga and if anyone could help me it would be very much appreciated, thanks,alex

Sudyal

Hello.

Police forces are around 148 MHz for mobile to mobile and everyone is on the 400 MHz system.
Saudi Arabia runs a Motorola based UHF trunking system that just about anyone can get on, TDMA.
The second system is 900 MHz GSM cellular.
The white army uses 30 to 88 MHz FM frequency hopping radios but are usually in the clear and AM on HF.
The air force uses 225 to 420 MHz AM and FM.
Most of this is not encrypted in any way.
The keepers at the Kaaba use simple VHF FM with 22 repeaters.
The easy way to get frequencies is from the book that the security forces carry.
They get a new one every few months and all of the telephone numbers and codes change, but the frequencies almost never change.
When the Kingdom changes modes, every Hajj season, is when the real changes occur.
But, there is a Hajj mode, an Alert mode, and a Normal mode, and each mode change you will hear the new channels called out, as the people may not have updated the books.
The books, or Katib ar Wali as they are called, are not that hard to find but a crime to possess.
If you go to the Israeli scanner websites and look up Arabs states you will find quite a bit on the Kingdom.
Nothing I have given you is in any way a secret, as my thinking is if the Jews post this on open websites it can not be much of a secret.

Very Very Nice
Many Thanks bro,
anyway can you give me some of these sites you talking about ..
thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.