New P25 System Coming to the Midlands area of South Carolina!

drew7262

Premium Subscriber
I am excited to announce the low cost Midlands 800 P25 phase 1 trunking system! Our goal with Midlands 800 is to bring new use to your 800mhz radios that sits useless on your shelf. Our system will be available to anyone with numerous public talkgroups and the ability for our end users to have their own private talkgroup. While we have not set a firm release date of our wide area system we plan to start accepting system users using MMDVM’s here in the next couple of weeks. As of now we are looking into using a few tower sites here in the Midlands, but are open to considering other towers, so if you own a tower feel free to reach out to either myself (Drew) or Alexander at drew@midlands800.com or alex@midlands800.com . We will continue to post updates on the progress of our system on this thread. We look forward to serving you soon.

Joshuascanner2021

Premium Subscriber
I am excited to announce the low cost Midlands 800 P25 phase 1 trunking system! Our goal with Midlands 800 is to bring new use to your 800mhz radios that sits useless on your shelf. Our system will be available to anyone with numerous public talkgroups and the ability for our end users to have their own private talkgroup. While we have not set a firm release date of our wide area system we plan to start accepting system users using MMDVM’s here in the next couple of weeks. As of now we are looking into using a few tower sites here in the Midlands, but are open to considering other towers, so if you own a tower feel free to reach out to either myself (Drew) or Alexander at drew@midlands800.com or alex@midlands800.com . We will continue to post updates on the progress of our system on this thread. We look forward to serving you soon.
interesting

Wnqk784

I'm sure it will being it's an 800mhz system let's just hope that there's not a lot of encryption on it

Searay

Premium Subscriber
Cool. I will have to read up on it. Will one MMDVM per site handle control channel as well as talk channels, like a site controller?

Wnqk784

It will be interesting to see how far towards the coast they go I have heard whispers that the county I live in is thinking about leaving pal 800 and looking into the possibility of their own system

drew7262

Premium Subscriber
Midlands 800 is excited to share our first update on system progress and pricing structure via the PDF attached to this post. We have submitted our application through a third party for our FCC licenses for the Columbia and surrounding area in SC. We are working with our partners and are actively inquiring on a few sites for our wide area network. Our technicians are hard at work building and implementing our backend and we hope to do a soft launch using DVM boards before the fall. We appreciate your patience while we continue to work on this exciting new project. Feel free to reach out to myself at drew@midlands800.com with any questions you may have.
Thank you.

Attachments

• Midlands 800 Update #1.pdf
    55.7 KB · Views: 77

WRUP533

What frequency in the 800 MHZ are we talking bout? This anything like the palmetto800 system? Where are these sites going to be at?

drew7262

Premium Subscriber
7/12/2024 Update: Midlands 800 is preparing to launch our DVM (Digital Voice Modem) System in a week or two. We are putting the finishing touches and kinking out some bugs as I am writing to you. We also split ways with our co founder and out of respect for him we have decided to change our name from Midlands 800 To Palmetto Trunked Radio System. We encourage you to check out our website at Palmetto TRS and also encourage you to sign up for our client portal at Home - Palmetto Trunked Radio System As for our wide area site we are still in the process of looking at tower sites and purchasing all of the hardware. Our emails will remain the same being drew@midlands800.com and luke@midlands800.com. By signing up for our client portal you are under no obligation to purchase any of our services. Thank you! (edited)

(Also for the few earlybirds that signed up for the client portal before the name change your account logins have not changed.)

daugherh

Premium Subscriber
Looks like this has ground to a halt at this point. The new website now has a splash screen stating "Palmetto TRS has been absorbed by the DuckNet MMDVM System." and then attempts to forward to https://ducknet.live, but that page doesn't appear to be working as well.

Hopefully Drew can give us some updates soon. Was really looking forward to this.