New Scanner?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdickerson17

I currently own a BC246T but am looking to upgrade. Im looking for a trunking scanner that can listen to regular analog as well as p25 digital and has both 300mhz and 700mhz coverage. Im going to be using this scanner to listen to the Clark County SNACC along with other local agency's. Any suggestions will be appreciated!

BCFlash

I recently upgraded to the GRE PSR-500 and really like it. It has a little learning curve to program but is actually easy to do with the computer programs that are available. Works well on SNACC, State system and the P25 Hoover Dam Police channel. I don't know about 700 mhz, not sure there are local systems in that band. Rumor is that GRE will announce some new models at the CES next week in Las Vegas, might be worth waiting to see what they have. The Uniden 396XT also gets good reviews.

BCFlash

Just checked the box, the GRE PSR-500 does have 300 Mhz coverage and 764-776 MhZ, then 794-on up.

mdickerson17

thanks for the help guys! both seem to be great scanners but since im familiar with uniden ill probably go with the 396xt, but ill wait a little while to see what comes out in the new year first! thanks again!

runkjunk

Premium Subscriber
mdickerson17

My 246 lost it's display....are you interested in selling your 246 once you upgrade?

I too live in Vegas

Status
Not open for further replies.