New Scanner

Badge88

Hi folks

New to the forum

I’ve been into radios for a number of years
I’ve got a couple of scanners but wanting to upgrade to something that does more than what I’ve got

I’m using the Uniden UBC3500XLT which is great and I’ve only ever listened to AM/FM modes

Im wanting to pick up digital modes to as there’s lots of digital transmissions around but obviously im not able to receive them with the radio I’ve got

What’s people’s thoughts?

Ive been looking at the uniden SDS100 is this a good choice?

Thankyou

_sundown_

Premium Subscriber
SDS100 or 200 is a great choice, you won't regret it. Find some YouTube videos on them to get caught up.
You can also match the Pro Scan software with it as well, $50.00 one time fee, for me it's worth it to have that on my PC.
YouTube the videos, see what's worth it for you.

a727469

Premium Subscriber
Where are you(is there simulcast etc), what types of listening and how much do you want to spend. The sds100 is fine but maybe overkill. The bcd436 or bcd325p2 might be adequate

Whiskey3JMC

DXpeditioner, RRDB & Google-fu ninja 4 hire
Premium Subscriber
Welcome to the RR forums. Please reply back with your location & agencies of interest so we can look at the database to make an informed recommendation for you. Specific info goes a long way to help us help you

Badge88

SDS100 or 200 is a great choice, you won't regret it. Find some YouTube videos on them to get caught up.
You can also match the Pro Scan software with it as well, $50.00 one time fee, for me it's worth it to have that on my PC.
YouTube the videos, see what's worth it for you.
Thanks for your reply.

I’ll have a look on YouTube and watch some videos

I’m not familiar with Pro scan so I will have to google it to find out what it actually does

Thankyou

Badge88

Where are you(is there simulcast etc), what types of listening and how much do you want to spend. The sds100 is fine but maybe overkill. The bcd436 or bcd325p2 might be adequate
I’m located in Chesterfield, Derbyshire
I like to listen to anything I can pick up to be honest.

Price wise would be something upto around the cost of a SDS100 maybe just a tad more

This would be for a handheld radio not the mobile/base station

Thankyou

Badge88

Welcome to the RR forums. Please reply back with your location & agencies of interest so we can look at the database to make an informed recommendation for you. Specific info goes a long way to help us help you
Thankyou.

I’m located in Chesterfield, Derbyshire

I like to listen to anything and everything that I can pick up from my home location, once programmed let it scan

Thanks for your help

RandyKuff

Premium Subscriber
So you are in England...

Will not be able to look up anything in RR's database here... The database here is all North America...
US and Canada...

Badge88

So you are in England...

Will not be able to look up anything in RR's database here... The database here is all North America...
US and Canada...
Yeah I’m from England, Oh I apologise I didn’t realise that

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
My mistake I didn’t realise, should I remove the post and re-post in the United Kingdom?

Thanks
No, you should click "Report" and ask the moderators to move your thread...which I have done as I've been following along.

Badge88

No, you should click "Report" and ask the moderators to move your thread...which I have done as I've been following along.
Thankyou very much. The thread as now been moved

Once again Thankyou