New "sightings" on the Plattsmouth tower

Status
Not open for further replies.

realgeo

Premium Subscriber
Good afternoon!

Looking at my affiliation logs this afternoon, I have seen the following, presumably, NEW TGIDs on the Plattsmouth tower today:

3439 (36xxx RIDs)
3534 (36xxx RIDs)
3538 (36xxx RIDs)
3563 (36xxx RIDs)
60004 (RID=38728)
4519 (RID=45860)
646 (RID=800018)

And, according to Pro96Com, both of the lower channels in the quad have been carrying both Voice and Data traffic, so this site is being utilized quite soon after it's fire-up date!

Good stuff!

TGID's and others

Good afternoon!

Looking at my affiliation logs this afternoon, I have seen the following, presumably, NEW TGIDs on the Plattsmouth tower today:

3439 (36xxx RIDs)>This appears to be another NPPD radio but on a NSP Talkgroup??

3534 (36xxx RIDs)>>>>>>>>>>>>All of these are most likely NPPD I have these logged as unknowns.
3538 (36xxx RIDs)>>>>>>>>>^^^^^
3563 (36xxx RIDs)>>>>>^^^^^^^^^^^

60004 (RID=38728)>>State Fire Marshall
4519 (RID=45860)>>There was a post not too long ago on this one logged in Lincoln, possibly LES
646 (RID=800018)>>Got me on this one!

And, according to Pro96Com, both of the lower channels in the quad have been carrying both Voice and Data traffic, so this site is being utilized quite soon after it's fire-up date!

Good stuff!

George, didn't mean to butcher up your post, I figured this would be the best way to insert information about these talkgroups.These are the best "guesses at this point" on what these talkgroups are. According to the information I have stored.

autovon

Ø
Hearing this full scale on the north end of the county. Do I just throw all the freqs into a MOT system on a Bearcat 396T? Like the Orion system?

realgeo

Premium Subscriber
Hearing this full scale on the north end of the county. Do I just throw all the freqs into a MOT system on a Bearcat 396T? Like the Orion system?

Howdy Autovon!

Actually, you could program all four frequencies as Control Channels in a new System, though you really only need the Primary and Alternate.

realgeo

Premium Subscriber
George, didn't mean to butcher up your post, I figured this would be the best way to insert information about these talkgroups.These are the best "guesses at this point" on what these talkgroups are. According to the information I have stored.

Hey, Rich! Not a problem!

And, GOOD CATCH - the "3439" should've been "3539", which would be another NPPD TGID.

I've also logged 60007 this evening - RID=39717 - which would be another Fire Marshall TGID!

Any word about Jones Creek yet?

autovon

Ø
Thanks for the info realgeo!

Caught the following this morning
646 encrypted
3106 and 3564

I have the other frequencies programmed in my analog scanner and the 169 MHz one has a CW ID occasionally. Sometimes I will hear a P25 transmission on the remaining frequencies (using the 396) and won't hear any voice and no TGID shows up on my logging program (freescan). Maybe testing or something. My trunking knowledge is limited. Also looks like the control channel goes to the secondary sometimes.

Last edited:
Does anybody know the base and offset frequencies for the plattsmouth tower for a 996xt? Does Freescan or Pro96 display the Base and offset? I get a full signal reception on my 996xt but I only heard traffic twice

W0JJK

Has any one got Uni Trunker to decode the NWIN System?

I tried both a scanner and a commercial radio with disc audio feeding two different computers. I know the Uni Trunker system is working becasue I get Sarpy to decode. I know it is not a rf signal issue either, I have outside antennas and get a 100% signal.

topnik

3534 had voice just a bit ago

Good afternoon!

3439 (36xxx RIDs)
3534 (36xxx RIDs)
3538 (36xxx RIDs)
3563 (36xxx RIDs)
60004 (RID=38728)
4519 (RID=45860)
646 (RID=800018)

Good stuff!

Had Plattsmouth Service talking to York Service...guessing Plattsmouth NPPD? Didn't get any RID though...

topnik

I got it to at least look at the system...

I tried both a scanner and a commercial radio with disc audio feeding two different computers. I know the Uni Trunker system is working becasue I get Sarpy to decode. I know it is not a rf signal issue either, I have outside antennas and get a 100% signal.

It'll decode and then start popping sites up all over my screen...might be my settings. I'm using a BC996XT feeding the laptop.

I have found pro96com to work better on this one and ORION...but I love UniTrunker for the Sarpy system, of course they're apples and oranges...

Peace.

realgeo

Premium Subscriber

Hey, 'JJK!

As with TopNik's case, my UniTrunker _NEVER_ shows a green signal indication. About the best I do is a mid to high yellow indication and I have FULL signal here.

I had to adjust my audio levels some in order to get the signal level I have, so maybe it's more of an audio level issue (i.e. quality -vs- amount of signal).

realgeo

Premium Subscriber
Had Plattsmouth Service talking to York Service...guessing Plattsmouth NPPD? Didn't get any RID though...

Howdy "Top"!

Yes, NPPD has a service office in Plattsmouth, so Plattsmouth Service would definitely be a candidate name for 3534!

Have you posted to the DB Admin?

realgeo

Premium Subscriber
Does anybody know the base and offset frequencies for the plattsmouth tower for a 996xt? Does Freescan or Pro96 display the Base and offset? I get a full signal reception on my 996xt but I only heard traffic twice

Hey, PuzzleMan -

Using your 996XT, I'd go with Pro96Com - it tells you EVERYTHING you need to know, including the frequency tables you're after! I'd include them here, but I am away from my setup right now!

realgeo

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the info realgeo!

Caught the following this morning
646 encrypted
3106 and 3564

I have the other frequencies programmed in my analog scanner and the 169 MHz one has a CW ID occasionally. Sometimes I will hear a P25 transmission on the remaining frequencies (using the 396) and won't hear any voice and no TGID shows up on my logging program (freescan). Maybe testing or something. My trunking knowledge is limited. Also looks like the control channel goes to the secondary sometimes.

Cool! You're welcome!

Yeah - 3106 is NSP Lincoln Dispatch, while 3564, I believe, is the NWIN Technical Operations Center.

646 makes me think of the same-numbered TGID on the Douglas County system, which is also full-time encrypted! I've never heard what this TGID is, but if it's encrypted, it's one of those "don't ask" TGIDs!

73!!

topnik

Sorry, real, no I haven't posted to DB Admin...

Howdy "Top"!

Yes, NPPD has a service office in Plattsmouth, so Plattsmouth Service would definitely be a candidate name for 3534!

Have you posted to the DB Admin?

I wasn't really sure if that's what it was...I only submit updates when I'm about 95% sure what I have ID'd is correct...but that's what I heard, and the TG follows the NPPD scheme, I think, so well, I guess your info and my info makes me a bit surer (is that a word?...I just used it so I guess it is) that it's Plattsmouth NPPD...think we ought to wait a bit for a firmer ID or do you want me to submit it? {or do you want the glory? :) }

(heck, I'm just glad i had some time to actually listen to the stuff today...)

realgeo

Premium Subscriber
I wasn't really sure if that's what it was...I only submit updates when I'm about 95% sure what I have ID'd is correct...but that's what I heard, and the TG follows the NPPD scheme, I think, so well, I guess your info and my info makes me a bit surer (is that a word?...I just used it so I guess it is) that it's Plattsmouth NPPD...think we ought to wait a bit for a firmer ID or do you want me to submit it? {or do you want the glory? :) }

(heck, I'm just glad i had some time to actually listen to the stuff today...)

Ha, ha!

If you heard Plattsmouth Service on that TGID, I'd say that it's a pretty safe bet - they have a pretty big office there, though it's not as big as it once used to be! Their field service for the area is based in Plattsmouth, too, so there's probably going to be other Plattsmouth-related TGIDs!

I have to admit that I did already submit that one! Sorry - couldn't resist the urge since this is practically in my backyard!

Thank you for asking, though!

And now, a question for you - what did you have to do to get that GROOVY Amateur Radio badge?

Have a GREAT evening!

topnik

Well, I PM'd you about the badge, but...

Ha, ha!

If you heard Plattsmouth Service on that TGID, I'd say that it's a pretty safe bet - they have a pretty big office there, though it's not as big as it once used to be! Their field service for the area is based in Plattsmouth, too, so there's probably going to be other Plattsmouth-related TGIDs!

I have to admit that I did already submit that one! Sorry - couldn't resist the urge since this is practically in my backyard!

Thank you for asking, though!

And now, a question for you - what did you have to do to get that GROOVY Amateur Radio badge?

Have a GREAT evening!

I see you figured it out!

autovon

Ø
Heard today. Some are already ID'd in the RR Database. My notes next to the unid TGs. There are some I didn't list, but some of those are already covered in the above posts.

3530 Norfolk Disp
3531 DCC?
3553 AWEF TG related to emergency alarm test

topnik

Heard some Emergency Testing today...

on the Plattsmouth Twr...

unit 212 (RID 40521) calling Norfolk on TGID 3530 and what sounded like 'Darlington' Control on TGID 3531 IRT testing Emergency function on the 'AWEF' talkgroup.

TG 3553 came active with a UI femop calling TOC and TOC ackd the Emergency. Then TOC came back up on TG 3564 saying they were having problems clearing the Emergency.

I'm gathering this TG 3553 is the 'AWEF' talkgroup. Have no idea what 'AWEF' means, and I'll have to dig back through my log files to find the other associated RIDs for this...

Thought it was interesting...

73!

Status
Not open for further replies.