New to Scanners - RS PRO-668 Setup Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

jemarsal

Premium Subscriber
Hello Ladies and Gents,
I'm new to the world of Scanners and Radios but I'm a pretty quick learner.
I just picked up a couple of RadioShack PRO-668 Scanners at a local closing store.
I couldn’t pass up the deal especially after I saw the reviews were pretty decent. I was hoping that some of you guys that had this radio maybe had a tutorial on how to set it up on the RadioShack Software and figure out what channels to actually listen to, etc... This scanner’s main purpose is for listening to dispatch(I think) in my South FL Area (Palm Beach/Broward/Miami-Dade Counties), just want to know what’s going on.
Any help would be much appreciated.
-Joe

MMID303

Check the radio reference data base for your areas. You can program the scanner by selecting your zip code right from the box. This will cause an overload of information. Then you can plug in the usb to your computer and the software will install, and then you can pick and choose which frequencies you want to delete or keep. It took me about 3 days to understand the program, but it's easy now. After clearing out all your unwanted frequencies, you can go back through the scanner library and search for specific things. I'm still learning myself. I'm sure I did it the hard way though.

px

Premium Subscriber
New scanner

I cant figure out how to down load frequencies to my scanner. I paid a fee to radio reference but cant figure out.Can anybody help on what to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.