• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

New to Scanning-Davison, MI

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheGreatChen

Hi there,
I'm completely new to scanning.
I'm looking at getting a 396t but I wondered how hard it would be to program.
Is there anyone who already has the Genesee County area programmed?
I had purchased a Uniden BC92XLT but then started to learn about trunking. Is this a difficult thing to learn about?
I just want to program it and then be able to listen. I don't have the ability to keep changing it all of the time, because I'm undergoing chemotherapy.
Does this become a full time job? =P
Sorry for all of the questions, I'll try to differentiate them a bit more in the future.
Thank you!!

seamusg

TheGreatChen said:
Hi there,
I'm completely new to scanning.
I'm looking at getting a 396t but I wondered how hard it would be to program.
Is there anyone who already has the Genesee County area programmed?
I had purchased a Uniden BC92XLT but then started to learn about trunking. Is this a difficult thing to learn about?
I just want to program it and then be able to listen. I don't have the ability to keep changing it all of the time, because I'm undergoing chemotherapy.
Does this become a full time job? =P
Sorry for all of the questions, I'll try to differentiate them a bit more in the future.
Thank you!!
Most of Genesee Co. is on the MPSCS system, which is digital trunked. It won't change a lot, but it is easier to program most newer scanners with a computer. A 396t sounds like a good scanner for your area since you'll need digital. I have a BC796D and a PRO96. I usually take the PRO96 to Grand Blanc when I visit my daughter and grandson. The sites to try in Genesee are 201 Holly, 202 Romeo, and 221 Genesee Co. Simulcast. The MPSCS system can be found here:
http://www.radioreference.com/modules.php?name=RR&sid=100
And the conventionalL Freqs are here:
http://www.radioreference.com/modules.php?name=RR&ctid=1251
I don't know how much of the conventional are still used
Good Luck on your Chemo.
It doesn't have to be a job programing the scanner, I only make it that way by trying different systems in the Wayne, Oakland, and Macomb area.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.