New to Scanning-Davison, MI

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheGreatChen

Hi there,
I'm completely new to scanning.
I'm looking at getting a 396t but I wondered how hard it would be to program.
Is there anyone who already has the Genesee County area programmed?
I had purchased a Uniden BC92XLT but then started to learn about trunking. Is this a difficult thing to learn about?
I just want to program it and then be able to listen. I don't have the ability to keep changing it all of the time, because I'm undergoing chemotherapy.
Does this become a full time job? =P
Sorry for all of the questions, I'll try to differentiate them a bit more in the future.
Thank you!!

seamusg

TheGreatChen said:
Hi there,
I'm completely new to scanning.
I'm looking at getting a 396t but I wondered how hard it would be to program.
Is there anyone who already has the Genesee County area programmed?
I had purchased a Uniden BC92XLT but then started to learn about trunking. Is this a difficult thing to learn about?
I just want to program it and then be able to listen. I don't have the ability to keep changing it all of the time, because I'm undergoing chemotherapy.
Does this become a full time job? =P
Sorry for all of the questions, I'll try to differentiate them a bit more in the future.
Thank you!!
Most of Genesee Co. is on the MPSCS system, which is digital trunked. It won't change a lot, but it is easier to program most newer scanners with a computer. A 396t sounds like a good scanner for your area since you'll need digital. I have a BC796D and a PRO96. I usually take the PRO96 to Grand Blanc when I visit my daughter and grandson. The sites to try in Genesee are 201 Holly, 202 Romeo, and 221 Genesee Co. Simulcast. The MPSCS system can be found here:
http://www.radioreference.com/modules.php?name=RR&sid=100
And the conventionalL Freqs are here:
http://www.radioreference.com/modules.php?name=RR&ctid=1251
I don't know how much of the conventional are still used
Good Luck on your Chemo.
It doesn't have to be a job programing the scanner, I only make it that way by trying different systems in the Wayne, Oakland, and Macomb area.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.