BCD436HP/BCD536HP: new updates never update on Master Data Base??Why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DannB

Premium Subscriber
Why is it every week when I update the Master Data Base from the sentinel software from the RR Database it tells me it updated the database, but the new info is never actually updated on my master List in the computer? there for I can never update the scanner it self. Am I doing something wrong, or is it just another thing that is wrong with this new scanner. I dont understand , it says it updated it from the uniden server , but I never see the new info on the master list.

Last edited:

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Why is it every week when I update the Master Data Base from the sentinel software from the RR Database it tells me it updated the database, but the new info is never actually updated on my master List in the computer? there for I can never update the scanner it self. Am I doing something wrong, or is it just another thing that is wrong with this new scanner. I dont understand , it says it updated it from the uniden server , but I never see the new info on the master list.

In the lower left corner of the Sentinel window on your computer, what does it say for the date of the database?

Are you getting any error messages during the process?

DannB

Premium Subscriber
Update problem

I dont see any date , but when i do a update it looks like its updating , and i do not get any error messages. it says update complete everytime.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
I dont see any date , but when i do a update it looks like its updating , and i do not get any error messages. it says update complete everytime.

The date has to be there, expand the window to full size and see if it's there then.

JamesO

Also an update to the Master Database will not update the scanner. You have to force a "write" to the scanner in order for the Master Database in the scanner to be updated.

Also I think the Master Database is updated usually once a week.

DannB

Premium Subscriber
Yeah I do the force write. The new updates don't show up on the master data base on my computer. There for they are not going into my 436 when I send the info to the scanner from the computer

DannB

Premium Subscriber
Yeah ya think I should remove it and when I plug the scanner back into the computer it will reinstall it

mciupa

Canadian Database Admin
There is also a cut-off time for the data pulled from the RadioReference database. If something was updated just this morning, it is possible it is not there until next week.

When was the item updated that you are looking for?

DannB

Premium Subscriber
never gets to MDB

There is also a cut-off time for the data pulled from the RadioReference database. If something was updated just this morning, it is possible it is not there until next week.

When was the item updated that you are looking for?

When I update my database I go in to see if the updated info is in the MDB and it is never there.I compare the RR page to the MDB info. It never appears..

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
When I update my database I go in to see if the updated info is in the MDB and it is never there.I compare the RR page to the MDB info. It never appears..

Can you give a specific example of something in an RR page that isn't showing up in your Sentinel database?

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Did you ever get the database version date from the lower left corner of Sentinel? As was mentioned before, you should "maximize" the Sentinel window if you can't see the date.... it is there, and would solve the question of whether or not the update made it to your copy of Sentinel.

Yeah ya think I should remove it and when I plug the scanner back into the computer it will reinstall it

This post makes me think you might be using an older version of Sentinel.

From the top toolbar in Sentinel, click on "help", then "about". It should say.....

"BCDx36HP Sentinel Version 1.02 (revision 01)".

If it's not that version, uninstall it, and download and install the latest version of Sentinel from here:

BCD536HP < UnidenMan4 < TWiki

Now try the update for the master database and see if it's up to date.

Hearken

Premium Subscriber
Sentinel Software

My version is 1.01 (revision 07) how do update the Sentinel Software with out uninstalling off the PC and reinstalling, or is that the correct way of doing it?

Ghstwolf62

Premium Subscriber
fxdscon is on to something. Do NOT use the Sentinal software on the radio. Download only from the link he provided.

Also I update mine regularly and never use the "Force" write function on the update. I don't know if it matters but I've seen a lot of issues where people have, coincidentally or not, used the forced write over just regularly doing it. There might be something to that.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
You might try using your Windows Explorer to navigate to the following folder on your computer: C:\ProgramData\Uniden\BCDx36HP_Sentinel\Database.

You should see a number of files there, most of which have the HPD file extension. The Date Modified column will show the date of the last database update that "took" on your computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.