Newbi with frozen Radio shack pro-95 scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Autocad1972

Hello,

Just wondering if anybody can help me with a frozen Radio Shack pro-95. I did a factory reset with the pin at the side some time ago and it is frozen on
below screen . I have pressed all buttons and nothing will change it. Any tips appreciated. I have tried initializing and no buttons will do anything. (see enclosed frozen screen)

M000...D.+FM
Bank 0 Ch 00

Thanks,

Gary

Attachments

• pro95a.jpg
    pro95a.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 27

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
It looks like you are in Manual mode on channel 000. If the UP / DOWN or MAN key won't at least advance the channel selection (programmed or not), then it is likely there is a stuck key on the keypad. This is a typical problem with this model. You'd need to disassemble and ideally replace the elastomer keypad.

tvengr

Well Known Member
Did you try reprogramming the scanner. When you reset it, you probably cleared all of the frequencies and that is why everything shows "0". There is nothing to scan.

hill

Premium Subscriber
I have an old PRO-95 that doesn't receive anything. Won't even pickup the local NOAA weather broadcast or the ATIS of a airport next to home I can walk to.

I think last time tried to use it received off frequency a little.

It would make a good scanner for Marine VHF and VHF-AM aircraft radio if it worked.

Not really worth getting it working again with lack of analog left here. Only have one Public Safety TRS left as an analog Smart Zone, plus a the patched low band, VHF, or UHF patches from the TRS fire dispatches.

Going forward maybe it's an easy fix and someone on this forum knows the way to get it operating.

kb3isq

Premium Subscriber
Can't believe I overlooked the words "factory reset" LOL this was before I had my coffee. Yeah as mentioned above a factory reset clears all your memory channels out, you will need to reprogram them in
The original post stated no buttons work. That has nothing to do with "factory reset"

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
Just wondering if anybody can help me with a frozen Radio Shack pro-95. I did a factory reset with the pin at the side some time ago and it is frozen on below screen . I have pressed all buttons and nothing will change it. ... I have tried initializing and no buttons will do anything.
Gary indicated he already did a factory reset. It was also indicated buttons don't work. If merely unprogrammed, the UP, DOWN or MAN keys would at least change the selected channel. His display shows M000. It's not a frozen CPU and most likely the keypad; stuck key or similar malfunction.

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
I have an old PRO-95 that doesn't receive anything. Won't even pickup the local NOAA weather broadcast or the ATIS of a airport next to home I can walk to.
You should really create YOUR OWN THREAD rather than hijack someone else's. Your issue sounds like broken wire from BNC to PCB. Search for it here on RR; the issue is very common.

Autocad1972

You should really create YOUR OWN THREAD rather than hijack someone else's. Your issue sounds like broken wire from BNC to PCB. Search for it here on RR; the issue is very common.
apologies, new to this forum. Wont happen again

Autocad1972

Got this email back from Darren at TandyOnline "Sorry we don’t have a keypad, but a common problem is for the conductive covering on the back of the buttons to wear out, an easy fix is to paint the back of the buttons with a conductive paint. You can buy suitable paint from a car parts store used for repairing heated windscreens." Might be of help to somebody.

Status
Not open for further replies.