Status
Not open for further replies.

altopcat

Hi new to the scanner world and have a few questions. It took some doing but I entered all the frequencies and trunked ones. I live in NY in Dutchess county and find I am picking up tow trucks and public works on the trunked. I want to lock them out but am afraid to as I might kill some PD/FD channels. Can someone tell me how to do this by users groups. Thanks in advance for any help.

mciupa

Hi altopcat, welcome to RadioReference :)

Do you have ARC 160 software? You could customize your scanlist with only the talkgroups that interest you.
Even if you don't, read the bottom of page 46 in the manual and the continuation on page 47 for step by step instructions on how to accomplish this by hand.

Good luck :)

altopcat

Got the Arc 160 today I have to get the patchcord from radioshack. I will then give it a shot.

altopcat

Hi altopcat, welcome to RadioReference :)

Do you have ARC 160 software? You could customize your scanlist with only the talkgroups that interest you.
Even if you don't, read the bottom of page 46 in the manual and the continuation on page 47 for step by step instructions on how to accomplish this by hand.

Good luck :)
The Arc 160 software worked well but I am a bit stumped. The trunked frequencies cannot not be assigned names. The set individual frequencies can be named and it shows up on the scanner. I have no idea which agency are transmitting on the trunked. Is there a workaround on this. Thanks in advance for any help.

Status
Not open for further replies.