News flash: Florida bp throws the p25 switch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
If I recall they use to utilize uhf and vhf trunk systems. Not many but biggest facilities I thought did with the other 3 letter agencies they worked with.

Sorry I must have missed where this discussion was talking about CBP comms on a trunk system, all I saw here is stuff about conventional repeaters.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SOFA_KING

Just bagged a new one. Heard it on my local repeater at the same time (multicast), so the transmission is somewhere in the SE part of FL.

170.4375 NAC 301 (FL BP 502...this is a local unit...maybe from Broward or Miami)

ecps92

Look for CBP to be stand alone Single Site Rptrs
ICE and BP will vary from Wide Area [Multi Rptrs linked] to Single site

Copy that. So did the two systems merge into one, or is 220 traffic on different freqs than C100 traffic?

Sorry to bug you about it, but the trend started there first. :cool:

ChrisP

Premium Subscriber
If I recall they use to utilize uhf and vhf trunk systems. Not many but biggest facilities I thought did with the other 3 letter agencies they worked with.

None of the CBP, Field Operations or Border Patrol has ever used trunked systems for their communications. The only exception to that statement is in the Pacific Northwest, Washington State, where the Border Patrol and CBP are subscribers to the VHF IWN trunked system. But they have their own conventional channels as well.

So no need to worry about P25 Phase II, but on the other hand, AES encryption…

- Chris

N1XDS

ÆS Ø
Anyone in the Tampa area pick up anything on 172.7125 NAC 303 or 170.8625 NAC 156 DEA? So far right now it's really quiet.

reconrider8

man i wish nc would do some changes :p been a while since ive searched my federal file tho so i guess ill run it a couple days and log any activity. sucks around this area cause 90% is enc that i hear at least. may have to throw in the uhf file and see any hits soon never really ran that much but i have a rh77ca now so i may get better results now hopefully... comment over

SOFA_KING

None of the CBP, Field Operations or Border Patrol has ever used trunked systems for their communications. The only exception to that statement is in the Pacific Northwest, Washington State, where the Border Patrol and CBP are subscribers to the VHF IWN trunked system. But they have their own conventional channels as well.

So no need to worry about P25 Phase II, but on the other hand, AES encryption…

- Chris

Thanks, Chris. I was not aware phase II was only for trunking. Quite frankly, I'm surprised. I need to research why it is a trunking only mode. Even DMR can be conventional and simplex, and that is TDMA. Works quite well for long range but doesn't sound as good as P25 phase I. I likes my P25. :D

SOFA_KING

Look for CBP to be stand alone Single Site Rptrs
ICE and BP will vary from Wide Area [Multi Rptrs linked] to Single site

I will do that, thanks. I only heard one CBP unit last night call in a plate, and it started ITC and went ENC quickly. That is not near enough CBP traffic, I'm starting to wonder if they reframed the old analog system to new frequencies and it's still an analog system (for now). Today I start searching all analog. I hate to switch out of my P25 only search mode (since It took me a few days to temp "avoid" all the known stuff) and start over again, but something ain't right here with so little Customs traffic. :confused:

N1XDS

ÆS Ø
For the CBP I pick up 165.2375 when the agents speak to Charlie 100. For ICE I pick up 168.850 (Analog) & 167.4625 (Digital Encrypted). Other than that I haven't picked up much around the area.

Last edited by a moderator:

SOFA_KING

For the CBP I pick up 165.2375 when the agents speak to Charlie 100. For ICE I pick up 168.850 (Analog) & 167.4625 (Digital Encrypted). Other than that I haven't picked up much around the area.

That is all you hear for DEA, CBP and BP? Seriously??? I think you have an antenna problem, because that is not doing "awesome". Not to pick on you or your setup, but I can often hear stuff in your area all the way over here on the ocean side with one of my Diamond discone antennas in my attic fed with 1/2" hardline. The outside antennas are even better with more stuff and stronger signals. And I hear tons more frequencies of all of those agencies...not just one per agency. Miami stuff comes up here (140+ miles away) most days, and my usual pickup area (no band enhancement) is lower Brevard County to lower Palm Beach County with some Orlando stuff usually coming in, as well. What is your receiver? Something is not right there.

And are you STILL hearing 165.2375 and 168.8500 analog? Because I'm not. And if it were still on the air, I would have heard it over here. I just confirmed two new ones in your area yesterday...from over here. Plus I heard other stuff from over there I already knew about. Something ain't right there.

Last edited by a moderator:

ChrisP

Premium Subscriber
Just an FYI - These new CBP repeaters that are starting to show up in Texas are all running in mixed-mode, capable of both analog & P25 digital, so you might hear both analog & digital through them at some point over in Florida.

- Chris

SOFA_KING

Just an FYI - These new CBP repeaters that are starting to show up in Texas are all running in mixed-mode, capable of both analog & P25 digital, so you might hear both analog & digital through them at some point over in Florida.

- Chris

Thanks, Chris. I was just comenting about programming "mixed-mode" on another thread on this forum. I have done it for years now...even on my scanners. Took longer to scan, but I cought the early mobile P25 rollouts when they were starting to use P25 direct on the analog repeater outputs...or on simplex. I remember when FBI just started converting to P25 down here, and I already had all the known analog stuff also scanning for P25 CSQ. I was right on top of it all. Fun times!

So far I have not detected mixed-mode repeaters. And now I am also searching in analog and digital looking for new stuff on both modes. Time will tell. Don't you just love these regional differences? I know you see a lot of variance around the country. Every time I fly west, it is a different world on the bands out there. I can hardly tell what anything is in Cali. So much for standards. Maybe the reframing will help make agencies develop closer channel plans to a national system design, but I doubt it with all the egos involved. That appears to play into all of this.

N1XDS

ÆS Ø
Trust me, It's not my antenna I pick up everything just fine and I do listen to Military air as well I pick up Macdill AFB, W-470 - Gulf Training area and Avon Bomb Range which is about 80 miles south east of my location. Maybe it's my area where I live since I'm in Central Florida area and not by water of any sort so it'll improve the receive of any frequency that is in use. Yes, I still hear 120.325 AM, 165.2375,168.5875,168.850, 170.725 digital NFM and 350.025 AM when it's in use and maybe I don't have all the frequencies that are being used by DEA, CBP & ICE.

Seriously, when I pick all I have program is DEA, CBP, Military & ICE all I care to listen to.

That is all you hear for DEA, CBP and BP? Seriously??? I think you have an antenna problem, because that is not doing "awesome". Not to pick on you or your setup, but I can often hear stuff in your area all the way over here on the ocean side with one of my Diamond discone antennas in my attic fed with 1/2" hardline. The outside antennas are even better with more stuff and stronger signals. And I hear tons more frequencies of all of those agencies...not just one per agency. Miami stuff comes up here (140+ miles away) most days, and my usual pickup area (no band enhancement) is lower Brevard County to lower Palm Beach County with some Orlando stuff usually coming in, as well. What is your receiver? Something is not right there.

And are you STILL hearing 165.2375 and 168.8500 analog? Because I'm not. And if it were still on the air, I would have heard it over here. I just confirmed two new ones in your area yesterday...from over here. Plus I heard other stuff from over there I already knew about. Something ain't right there.

Last edited:

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
looks like starting tomorrow I'll do a search in the 160-174 for my area. I only hear USCG digital open/ENC.

SOFA_KING

Just bagged yet another new one.

171.3250 NAC 303 (Band is open around the state...Different NAC than the known northern one)

AND JUST NOW I GOT THE INPUT AND NAC TO MY LOCAL BP REPEATER SYSTEM

162.8250 NAC 319 (This is the input to 172.2375 in Ft. Pierce and may be shared with other east coast repeaters but using a different NAC for access to different repeaters.)

And I noticed that 171.9625 NAC 282 is belching data every few minutes and is now full scale where I live. Could this be a new CBP "wide area" simulcast system? All encrypted, so far. I'll be in Miami tomorrow, so I'll see how far this system goes to the south.

More to come. Stayed tuned!

P :cool:

SOFA_KING

Just bagged yet another. Solid 3 bars and got it three times so far. Make that four.

173.9375 NAC 284 (is this one of the new CPB repeaters?)

P :cool:

EDIT: Sitting on 171.1875 waiting for a NAC lock. It is just a little too weak at the moment. Can someone down south get the NAC?

Last edited:

N1XDS

ÆS Ø
What are some of the CBP frequencies around the Tampa area besides 165.2375, 169.600, 170.8625 and 172.7125? I haven't heard anything maybe it's quiet in the Tampa area.

SOFA_KING

What are some of the CBP frequencies around the Tampa area besides 165.2375, 169.600, 170.8625 and 172.7125? I haven't heard anything maybe it's quiet in the Tampa area.

Try searching. I could use the help. I can't be the only one finding this stuff here in Florida.

N1XDS

ÆS Ø
Try searching. I could use the help. I can't be the only one finding this stuff here in Florida.

I searched Google search for about two hours haven't found much not sure how to program the Uniden BC536HP to scan the Federal frequencies in the Uniden programming software.

Status
Not open for further replies.