NEXEDGE Standard??

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeffreyinberthoud

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
I am posting here because thats were the trunking system is please wait to move question thank you.............................
Some new system off Buckhorn Mountain LARIMER COUNTY
type of says NEXEDGE Standard .
I DID FIND THIS Q AND A LINK WITH A SEARCH

Kenwood Nexedge

some highlights..................

Q: Is NEXEDGE® compatible with other companies' products or systems?
A: Yes. The NXDN® protocol used by NEXEDGE® is compatible with other companies' digital two-way radio products that conform to the mandatory features and standard optional features specified by the NXDN® Forum.

Q: Is NEXEDGE® compatible with P25?
A: No. The NEXEDGE® radio system uses the NXDN® protocol, whereas P25 radio systems use the TIA102 standard. Since these systems use different protocols they cannot communicate with each other. Kenwood has its own range of P25-compatible radio equipment.

Q: Is NEXEDGE® compatible with TETRA?
A: No. TETRA is a TDMA radio system, standardised by ETSI.

Q: With regard to NEXEDGE® making effective use of current analogue systems, specifically what components are of use?
A: You can use power amps, combiners and other equipment that form part of analogue systems. Moreover, NEXEDGE® radios have a digital mode and an analogue mode, so it is possible to gradually convert systems currently in use from analogue to digital. Also, absolutely no special peripheral equipment is required for 6.25kHz operation; standard LMR facilities can be used as they are.

Q: We currently use another trunked system. Can we connect a NEXEDGE® trunked site to it?
A: No. It is not possible to directly connect a NEXEDGE® site to an analogue trunked site (e.g. LTR® or PassPort).

Q: Does Mixed Mode work in trunked mode?
A: No. Mixed mode is available only for "conventional" operation (analogue conventional & NEXEDGE® conventional).

so my question is can a scanner pick this up ??

kc0kp

ok thnks not sure why its in DB then
Not sure about anyone else, but I would like to see it there anyway. If the system starts to interfere, I would like to know of its existence and what frequency it is on. It helps with troubleshooting.
For example, you are trying to monitor a system that is on the image frequency of this system, having the data will at least let you know where the garbage is coming from and if it is worth finding a workaround to fix it.
Craig

Thayne

I have a Nexedge NX-800 in my truck; when I go visit my brother up there I will give a listen (at least in conventional mode) & see what I hear---

Not sure about anyone else, but I would like to see it there anyway. If the system starts to interfere, I would like to know of its existence and what frequency it is on. It helps with troubleshooting.
For example, you are trying to monitor a system that is on the image frequency of this system, having the data will at least let you know where the garbage is coming from and if it is worth finding a workaround to fix it.
Craig

Ditto on that. I prefer to know what is out there whether it is scanable or not. For one thing it lets people know what is in play before buying a scanner ffor their area. It also lets folks know what the different sounds are they hear on the bands.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.