Niagara Regional Police Service - P25?

Status
Not open for further replies.

exkalibur

Premium Subscriber
Not to open up a dead thread...but...

I heard some P25 in the clear comms earlier today on 142.4100 - the St Catharines channel. It *might* have been Fleetnet, but it came in VERY strong here in Toronto. I don't know what the NAC was.

It sounded like techs working though, no police chatter at all - stuff like "okay Chuck, let's try that other one again" and "alright that sounds better, try it again". I'm guessing they were doing site work and either didn't have crypto, or weren't using it for some reason.

radioman253

Premium Subscriber
re: NRPS encryption

I was hearing the Peterborough fleetnet site very clear yesterday but Niagara fleetnet site was not coming in as well... must have been some enhancement towards the north.
Peterborough site has 142.410 as one of its channels. Digital transmissions will have an NAC code of
2F2. Niagara Regionals have an NAC of 293.

To bring up an old topic, I was listening to 142.860 on the Sunderland fleetnet site a couple of weeks ago and heard a P25 transmission with NAC code 293 and mention of patient being transported to GNGH which I remember as being Greater Niagara General hospital This is the so called "flower cop" channel for NRPS.
So it just goes to show you that sometimes these "totally encrypted" channels yield some moments of
in the clear xmsns.
keep an ear on that channel for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.