NJ MICU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Streetdoc1521

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone have a recently updated list of paramedic units, radio ID, location, and sponsor hospital?

onsceno

Hackensack UMC: 101 (City of Hackensack), 102 (Lodi), 103 (East Rutherford), 104 (volume dependent), 105 (Westwood), 106 (Westwood), 107 and 108 (soon to be - Passaic area), 111 (Garfield)

Englewood Hospital & Medical Center: 211 (City of Englewood) and 213 (Leonia)

Holy Name Medical Center: 301 and 302 (Township of Teaneck or Ridgefield)

The Valley Hospital: 401 (Ridgewood), 402 (Wyckoff), 4(0/1)3 (Saddle River), 411 (Ridgewood)

Saint Joseph's Regional Medical Center, Paterson: 701, 703, 704 (all City of Paterson)

Saint Joseph's Regional Medical Center, Wayne: 702 (Wayne Township)

Atlantic Health (Chilton): 901 (Pequannock), 902 (Kinnelon), 906 (West Caldwell)

Radio IDs are a "crap shoot"... units are not always in the same truck but numerically based and begin with 1, 2, 3 etc dependent upon which hospital they are associated with.

policefreak

Premium Subscriber
Whoa are the Mercy units on the JFK EMS channel of the NJICS? I'm guessing ALS? I mainly hear it around Middlesex County but never catch any "Mercy" units when I'm in the area.

CastorLB

Premium Subscriber
Before updating just remember that MONOC dissolves on April 1 so you're going to see a bunch of new medic units covering Monmouth and Ocean counties.

RWJBarnabas has paramedic job listings for Monmouth Medical Center, Monmouth Medical Center Southern and Community Medical Center but I don't see HackensackMeridian doing a similar hiring (unless they already finished).

Last edited:

mondaro

Feed Provider
From what I understand Hackensack covering Passaic / Clifton is not set in stone, it seems like St. Clares is also requesting to take it over however I believe MONOC holds the CN otherwise known as the Certificate of Need. Interesting.

onsceno

From what I understand Hackensack covering Passaic / Clifton is not set in stone, it seems like St. Clares is also requesting to take it over however I believe MONOC holds the CN otherwise known as the Certificate of Need. Interesting.

While it would make sense with their BLS already there, HUMC has already gotten 107/108 set. Tones and all.

ShoreBullets

Heres the RWJ current units

1A1:New Brunswick
1A2:East Brunswick
1A3:Monroe
1A4: 7a-7p, South Brunswick
1A5: 7a-7p East Old Bridge, Nights posts as needed
8A1: RWJ Somerset Hospital
8A2: Hillsborough
8A3: 7a-7p Franklin
Medic 10: Rahway
Medic 9/S4: ALS SCTU Rahway
S5: ALS SCTU St Barnabas

CastorLB

Premium Subscriber
Scuttlebutt is that JFK Medical Center in Edison is going to be the "base" for HMH's south medics. So a good guess would be that JFK will also be handling their dispatch. MedCentral will be handling all RWJ dispatch.

HMH will be covering:
- Bayshore Hospital (201 area)
- Riverview Medical Center (206 area)
- Jersey Shore University Medical Center (203 area)
- Ocean Medical Center (205 area)
- Southern Ocean Medical Center (216 area)

RWJ will be covering:
- Monmouth Medical Center (202 area)
- CentraState Medical Center (204 area)
- Monmouth Medical Center, Southern (207 area)
- Community Medical Center (212/214 area)

I'm guessing RWJ will take over the Lakehurst area (211). I also don't know whether RWJ will sponsor Hatzolah so they can keep their ALS operating.

RadioDitch

Signals Identification Member
Premium Subscriber
Scuttlebutt is that JFK Medical Center in Edison is going to be the "base" for HMH's south medics. So a good guess would be that JFK will also be handling their dispatch. MedCentral will be handling all RWJ dispatch.

Anybody know who will be taking over 251 and 252 in Union and Essex County?

ShoreBullets

HMH will be covering:
- Bayshore Hospital (201 area)
- Riverview Medical Center (206 area)
- Jersey Shore University Medical Center (203 area)
- Ocean Medical Center (205 area)
- Southern Ocean Medical Center (216 area)

RWJ will be covering:
- Monmouth Medical Center (202 area)
- CentraState Medical Center (204 area)
- Monmouth Medical Center, Southern (207 area)
- Community Medical Center (212/214 area)

I'm guessing RWJ will take over the Lakehurst area (211). I also don't know whether RWJ will sponsor Hatzolah so they can keep their ALS operating.
Not scuttlebutt. JFK will be the agency operating the legacy HMH hospital trucks. JFK will be handling dispatch for those units. RWJ will be dispatching for the RWJ units

Anybody know who will be taking over 251 and 252 in Union and Essex County?

RWJ is taking 251, 252, 254, 256 and 257 and they will be dispatched by MedCentral. HMH is getting 258 and will be operated by Hackensack MC EMS

From my understanding, when RWJ goes into Monmouth and ocean county, the ALS units are going to start with the numeric 2.

No planned change to the call signs in the immediate future. Discussion for a system-wide change of callsigns is occuring

mondaro

Feed Provider
It is NOT etched in stone the 258 unit is going to Hackensack / HMH, Prime health has taken legal action against this. prime is
looking for the CN for Clifton and Passaic, Borough of North Arlington will keep a paramedic unit (AKA 257) at there
headquarters on Schuyler Avenue in North Arlington, RWJ medics will begin 0700 April 1st.

Status
Not open for further replies.