NJ Transit PD

Status
Not open for further replies.

4-crime

Hey all, I know that the talkgroups for NJTPD are listed as partial encryption, but just wondering if anyone does in fact pick up much clear transmissions?

kd2pm

TETRA Techie
Premium Subscriber
Only time you would hear a clear transmission is if the unit did not turn on encryption on their radio or that radio has yet to be programmed for encryption. At some point they will be strapped to be full time "E"

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
Only time you would hear a clear transmission is if the unit did not turn on encryption on their radio or that radio has yet to be programmed for encryption. At some point they will be strapped to be full time "E"
My impression was they hit that mark a few years ago, albeit, I only listened to Trenton rail station and the River Line from Trenton to Camden and I don't listen anymore, so I could be wrong, but to my knowledge they're all encrypted.. Amtrak police who patrolled Trenton train station or Trenton Transportation Center are still in the clear on the Trenton repeater or should I say Morrisville, Pennsylvania repeater right across the river on the national Amtrak police radio frequency with a PL tone of 100.0 :)

kd2pm

TETRA Techie
Premium Subscriber
My impression was they hit that mark a few years ago, albeit, I only listened to Trenton rail station and the River Line from Trenton to Camden and I don't listen anymore, so I could be wrong, but to my knowledge they're all encrypted.. Amtrak police who patrolled Trenton train station or Trenton Transportation Center are still in the clear on the Trenton repeater or should I say Morrisville, Pennsylvania repeater right across the river on the national Amtrak police radio frequency with a PL tone of 100.0 :)
Bob it took a while to get them into "E" mode but they were not hard strapped at the time so if someone didnt pay attention, they could go in the clear once in a while. I am not sure all the radios have been properly strapped to be full time so that no one can make any mistakes. But yes, that was expected to be done a while ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.