NJPS Possible changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

nosoup4u

Feed Provider
Friday the 13th might be bad. All week I have been hearing talk of troop radios being reprogrammed for the "New CAD". I have also seen several new digital talkgroups show up in Unitrunker on B-Troop.

Stay tuned, I don't know where this is going as of yet.

nosoup4u

Feed Provider
Might be a false alarm. Digital TGID 41104, Del. River Joint Toll Bridge Commission. Looks like they are going to go digital instead.

kennyloatman

Premium Subscriber
New cad has not been that big of a deal here in Troop A, Mostly badge numbers instead of car numbers. Hopefully that will be the biggest change they make.

nosoup4u

Feed Provider
I hate to have to say this, but a lot of new digital talkgroups showed up on Troop B today:

also these which showed up last month have affiliations

SCPD

QRT
Friday the 13th might be bad. All week I have been hearing talk of troop radios being reprogrammed for the "New CAD". I have also seen several new digital talkgroups show up in Unitrunker on B-Troop.

Stay tuned, I don't know where this is going as of yet.

Do you know what they would program the radios to do for the new CAD?

C

comsec1

confusion

the dispatchers and troopers confuse "cad" for radios and "radio" for cad, don't worry.

gcr33

I think you guys have some level of confusion.
A "CAD" system is a computerized assisted dispatch, it has absolutely nothing to do with the type of radio system, the frequencies, trunked, conventional. I hope you get the picture.

A "CAD" system is used by a lot of agencies for reporting purposes, it can issue case or "cad" numbers as they are sometimes called depending on the department protocol.

In a number of places the standard is a "cad" number is used for something the say an officer rolls up on like a disabled vehicle, a malfunctioning traffic signal. A case number is used for a crime ie: burglary, theft etc. This is set by individual department policy and is by no means an absolute standard.

I hope that clears up that concern.

Time to think about going digital. Where are the 700 scanners?

nosoup4u

Feed Provider
I think what is going on is they are rolling out a new cad system and reprogramming the radios at the same time. I don't see why they would be related either, unless they are changing the radio ID's and that has something to do with the new cad system.

Skypilot007

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for keeping us up on the changes that you notice nosoupe, I've been wanting to experiment with unitrunker just haven't had the time. I have the descriminator tapped and ready to go. Keep the posts coming when you see changes!

Highpockets

I think what is going on is they are rolling out a new cad system and reprogramming the radios at the same time. I don't see why they would be related either, unless they are changing the radio ID's and that has something to do with the new cad system.

Maybe it has something to do with the new command center at the GSP building, maybe now they have the time to get some new additions up to date.

SCPD

QRT
I think you guys have some level of confusion.
A "CAD" system is a computerized assisted dispatch, it has absolutely nothing to do with the type of radio system, the frequencies, trunked, conventional. I hope you get the picture.

A "CAD" system is used by a lot of agencies for reporting purposes, it can issue case or "cad" numbers as they are sometimes called depending on the department protocol.

In a number of places the standard is a "cad" number is used for something the say an officer rolls up on like a disabled vehicle, a malfunctioning traffic signal. A case number is used for a crime ie: burglary, theft etc. This is set by individual department policy and is by no means an absolute standard.

I hope that clears up that concern.

Time to think about going digital. Where are the 700 scanners?

Close, Computer Aided Dispatch. Google Enforsys.

SCPD

QRT

That makes more sense. Troops A and C already use the new CAD, but listening to Troop C, i sounds like it is more work for the Troopers.

Status
Not open for further replies.