NJTA\GSP

Status
Not open for further replies.

robertpearsall

Premium Subscriber
The conventional was dismissed this is new for a trunked system granted on 4\4\14 the old thrend is about the conventional.

elias1988

Feed Provider
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 7_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/537.51.2 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.0 Mobile/11D167 Safari/9537.53)

OK so it was probably dismissed in favor of trunking but it still lists the same frequencies.....

Analogrules

At the bottom of the letter in the link just provided, I wonder if the reference to "secured Phase 1 and 2 radios", mean encrypted?

GM

Premium Subscriber
I believe that is in reference to securing the necessary funding for the project.

phillydjdan

No, the wording of the letter does not in any way indicate the planned use of encryption. To further that, the mention of "phase 1" and "phase 2" do not mean they are going to use a P25 Phase 1 or P25 Phase 2 system. The word phase has many different contexts, as does the word secure.

Sent using Android ForumReader app

nosoup4u

Feed Provider
I really don't understand why they are hell bent on running with their own systems, vs using the state system. Do they really have that many employee's/radios to make it more cost effective?

CqDx

Cost effectiveness is never the sole factor when new systems are built, there are many folks out there who does not like sharing infrastructure and like to own their own toys.

Status
Not open for further replies.