NJTP Maintenance

Status
Not open for further replies.

W2MB

--159.18000 156.18000 KBE469 RM 131.8 PL NJTP Maint Maintenance--
Can someone scan for a CTCSS (or DCS) tone for the above system. I have tried to lock it out using anti-pl on the published 131.8Hz tone frequency without success. When I search for a tone while it is transmitting I don't come up with anything. Warren County transmits county wide alerts w/o PL tone on the frequency and the Turnpike system is strong enough to interupt the scanner constantly with stuff I have no interest in hearing.

Last edited:

radiomanNJ1

From your post it appears that you want to monitor a system that does not transmit PL. You cannot put a PL on the radio or you will not hear anything from a CSQ agency.

--159.18000 156.18000 KBE469 RM 131.8 PL NJTP Maint Maintenance--
Can someone scan for a CTCSS (or DCS) tone for the above system. I have tried to lock it out using anti-pl on the published 131.8Hz tone frequency without success. When I search for a tone while it is transmitting I don't come up with anything. Warren County transmits county wide alerts w/o PL tone on the frequency and the Turnpike system is strong enough to interupt the scanner constantly with stuff I have no interest in hearing.

nosoup4u

Feed Provider
Mark,

Set that up for PL tone lockout, if your scanner supports it. Lockout 131.8 and you will be much happier.

W2MB

From your post it appears that you want to monitor a system that does not transmit PL. You cannot put a PL on the radio or you will not hear anything from a CSQ agency.

I want to block hearing a high activity station (NJTP Maintenance) on a frequency (159.18mHz) that I am interested in. My scanner (BCT15) has the ability to NOT stop on a frequency with a specific PL tone (anti-PL). The station I am interested in (Warren County Alert) does not transmit with a PL tone. The station that I don't want to hear is listed in the database as transmitting with a PL tone (131.8Hz) and I have my scanner set up not to stop on any transmissions with that PL on the frequency in question, but it does. When I search for a PL tone on the frequency when the undesired transmissions are being broadcast, my scanner does NOT identify any PL tone as being transmitted. I am looking for someone to do a tone scan on the frequency when NJTP Maintenance is transmitting and report back if they are identifying a PL or DCS tone. I suspect a database error with the PL tone used by NJTP.

W2MB

Mark,

Set that up for PL tone lockout, if your scanner supports it. Lockout 131.8 and you will be much happier.

John, I think that I have done that. The BCT15 calls it tone lockout and I have it set it for the 131.8 listed in the database. The scanner still stops and opens on the NJTP transmissions. I tried doing a tone scan when NJTP is transmitting and cannot identify any PL or DCS as being transmitted by NJTP. I'm wondering if there is a database error and that NJTP does not infact transmit a PL or DCS tone.

nosoup4u

Feed Provider
I know for a fact its 131.8, but sometimes it still gets through. Also, in our area we get some road dept.'s from PA as well. You will notice that next time it snows.

Status
Not open for further replies.