No audio through RDP

Status
Not open for further replies.

ih784

Premium Subscriber
Hey guys, I'm using ProScan and cannot get audio through RDP using an SDS100. I hear windows' sounds and alerts but no audio. I'm using an HP DeskPro 400 G5 running ProScan and attempting to access it using an HP X360 laptop. I am using the 3.5mm jack on the SDS100 and have tried using the input jack in the back as well as an external USB audio adapter. The HP 400 is only showing one audio device and that's the "remote audio". ANY help is appreciated.

Thank you for your time!

ih784

Premium Subscriber
I tried the stereo plug and a usb adapter. I noticed my usb adapter is recognized under the audio in device manager but not under “audio input or output.”

ih784

Premium Subscriber
Thank you! I’ll read it. I think it’s on the RDP end and I don’t have a driver able to receive or transmit on my Proscan computer.
Not sure if that’s the right link? I am trying to stream audio over RDP. I can put earbuds in and listen all day long lol.

ih784

Premium Subscriber
This is 100% an RDP issue. Ran my Remote Desktop with a monitor and configured ProScan audio without issue.

cmjonesinc

Premium Subscriber
I've had issues with RDP and audio in the past. You might try NoMachine instead. It's free and passes audio without issue. NoMachine also works well with mobile devices. I think TeamViewer passes audio now as well but I can't remember for sure.

ih784

Premium Subscriber
I've had issues with RDP and audio in the past. You might try NoMachine instead. It's free and passes audio without issue. NoMachine also works well with mobile devices. I think TeamViewer passes audio now as well but I can't remember for sure.
NoMachine. I’ll check it out. I think Anydesk is a pay for service. Free is in my price range lol.

ih784

Premium Subscriber
I’m using Anydesk and it’s a workaround for the no audio through RDP. Thank you for the suggestion.

Status
Not open for further replies.