PSR-800: No audio

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roodog2k

I'm not getting any audio at all on my PSR-800. Either on key presses, open squelch... I did the basic troubleshooting.... checked the earphone jack too, re-flashed the DSP. Again, no beeps on key presses either. The scanner CAN receive, as I see it stopping when my other scanner hears local PD.

First, has anyone else had this problem?

Second, I was hoping to re-flash the CPU, but I'm getting an error that basically says the scanner isn't communicating with the scanner, which is weird, because I could reflash the DSP.

What do you think? I'm in the process of reformatting the SD card and reloading my settings. If that works, I''ll update, but my hopes aren't high.

Roodog2k

Had the exact same problem after hacking mine to a WS-1080. Nothing I tried would fix it and ended up having to send it off for repair.

I read through that thread, and I have a bit of a sinking feeling. I didn't flash the 1080 software, I haven't updated the CPU since the last update came out in 2015(?).

I think it's related to the cigarette plug somehow, since that's when it happened to me.

I'm wondering if I can reflash the last CPU update if that would make a difference. I can reflash the DSP, I reformatted the card, but for whatever reason, I can't reflash the CPU.

Right now, I have had the batteries out for a few days. Hoping for some pixie dust at this point.

SCPD

QRT
Have you tried the

Have you tried the earphone jack with a working earphone?If that works the speaker died.
If it doesnt try leaving the batteries out for 24 hours and try again.

Reformat the Sd card and try writing one system to it if that doesnt work.
Mine got weird with me one day and that fixed it.Reset the scanner to default alues just in case.

Wackyracer

Premium Subscriber
1) Pull the batteries and hold the power button for at least 60 seconds while pressing other buttons. I just press them all one at a time for a couple seconds.
2) Reinstall the batteries and power on, connect usb, test with the weather eye button to see if you now can hear audio and see a signal meter.
3) If the above steps did not fix it, then reinstall the cpu and dsp firmware. You may have to do this more then once.

Roodog2k

1) Pull the batteries and hold the power button for at least 60 seconds while pressing other buttons. I just press them all one at a time for a couple seconds.
2) Reinstall the batteries and power on, connect usb, test with the weather eye button to see if you now can hear audio and see a signal meter.
3) If the above steps did not fix it, then reinstall the cpu and dsp firmware. You may have to do this more then once.
I'm having issues trying to install the CPU firmware. I'm not home, but the pop up basically says that the computer didn't get a response from the scanner. I can update the DSP, however. It's not the signed driver issue, as I fixed that already.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.