BCD536HP: no recording in DMR trunked discovery

Status
Not open for further replies.

gary123

Member
Joined
Sep 11, 2002
Messages
1,090
I have a 536 that has developed a new issue. I have a connect plus system that is programmed correctly. The LCN are correct and the unit properly decodes all users both known and unknown.

The issue I have is that when I go to review the run results and select summary I see the TG that were active but all the record times are 0 sec. I have the record duration set to 600 sec, the set logging to ALL, the compare to database to ON. I have tried changing the record time to 120 , 60 sec etc with no change. I have done a factory reset and changed the SD card with the same results. I also have tried using both v1.11.17 and 1.11.20 firmware both have the issue.

The scanner used to record fine in discovery and records fine in regular scan mode. The only thing that might or might not have an effect is that I ran the unit in discovery for 3 days strait and most of the recording times hit 600 on active users.
 

gary123

Member
Joined
Sep 11, 2002
Messages
1,090
to reply to my own post. I think I fixed the issue. These are the steps taken.

discoversy settings

set delay = 0
set logging = all
set compare to data base = off
set record duration = 600
set time out times - 0ff
system info = what ever is there
set auto store = off

I also went through and changed all the TG in the departments to numerical order (lowest to highest)

The last I had entered in a new TG that was not in the order I normally use (above). When corrected and the above settings were used the logging started working correctly again.
 
D

DaveNF2G

Guest
I also went through and changed all the TG in the departments to numerical order (lowest to highest)

The last I had entered in a new TG that was not in the order I normally use (above). When corrected and the above settings were used the logging started working correctly again.
I would consider this to be a bug. I order TGs by function, which rarely matches numerical order.
 

UPMan

Uniden Representative
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Apr 19, 2004
Messages
13,288
Location
Arlington, TX
I'm guessing he had set compare to data base = on, so none of the previously discovered TGs were recorded (not a bug, this is how it is supposed to work).
 

gary123

Member
Joined
Sep 11, 2002
Messages
1,090
I agree with Upman. Normally I dont change the settings but it is possible in updating or changing my files that the setting was changed.

Either way I am still very happy with the unit and its operation.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top