No sound on SDR Trunk

Man I am ready to pull my hair out. I have 2 nooelec NESDR Smart v5's. I have SDR Trunk running good. Picking traffic as it should be on non-encrypted P25=1. No matter what I do I cannot hear any sound. JMBE is good to go and sound on laptop is good to go in every other program and can hear test sounds in SDRTrunk. I have deleted and re downloaded and scoured the internet for every article I can find. No matter what there is never any sound. I also I can see the tower from my back yard so there is no antenna issues. Also another weird thing is sometimes when I first start it up I will get like a brief 1 sec of audio then it will never return. This is the windows version of SDR Trunk. Anyone have similar issues?

Last edited:

maus92

Premium Subscriber
Man I am ready to pull my hair out. I have 2 nooelec NESDR Smart v5's. I have SDR Trunk running good. Picking traffic as it should be on non-encrypted P25=1. No matter what I do I cannot hear any sound. JMBE is good to go and sound on laptop is good to go in every other program and can hear test sounds in SDRTrunk. I have deleted and re downloaded and scoured the internet for every article I can find. No matter what there is never any sound. I also I can see the tower from my back yard so there is no antenna issues. Also another weird thing is sometimes when I first start it up I will get like a brief 1 sec of audio then it will never return. This is the windows version of SDR Trunk. Anyone have similar issues?
A lot more info is needed. Start by posting your startup log file, and identify the system and site that you are trying to monitor. Can you see the SDRs in Windows mixer?

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
If you have the tg's set to listen, and record, then there should be recordings in your sdrtrunk recordings folder. Look for the directory path in your sdrtrunk user preferences and see if there are recordings and if they play when clicked.

1677589658273.png

If you have the tg's set to listen, and record, then there should be recordings in your sdrtrunk recordings folder. Look for the directory path in your sdrtrunk user preferences and see if there are recordings and if they play when clicked.

View attachment 137347
Yes I checked that. My recordings do play with sound but it’s all static. So maybe my other SDR dongle is not working right and maybe that’s why there is no sound?

Sorry folks I work on cell tower equip for one of the major telecoms and on call. Worked late last night and right back at it this morning. As soon as I get time at home I will post the startup log.

Attachments

• Freq.PNG
    Freq.PNG
    18.4 KB · Views: 12
  • OhioMarc.PNG
    OhioMarc.PNG
    26.1 KB · Views: 12