Norad?

Status
Not open for further replies.

intrepid97

Member
Joined
Jun 23, 2006
Messages
178
Reaction score
0
If that is the case,He may be able to program a MilAir frequency and try it that way.
 

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Joined
Jul 22, 2002
Messages
25,906
Reaction score
2,592
Location
Bowie, Md.
Since the 2051 doesn't cover UHF milair, the use of any software package is not likely to be very helpful to make it cover something for which it wasn't originally designed. If it will cover the 138-144 mhz band in AM mode, however, that's a possibility - there are a few Giant Killer and NORAD freqs in that range, and numerous Air National Guard planes can be found there during exercises.

The good news, however, is that there are many other scanners that will do a fine job on the UHF milair band - and don't need to be that expensive. I've seen several BC780s on the used market lists for around USD200 or so, there was a 785 on the used forum that got snatched up - heck, for UHF Milair, even the old and venerable BC895 will do the job (I use that scanner with RadioMax - works like a champ). You can get 895s dirt cheap.

73s Mike
 

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Joined
Jul 22, 2002
Messages
25,906
Reaction score
2,592
Location
Bowie, Md.
As I wrote about in my last message, altho new is nice, you don't need to spend an arm and a leg to get a good capable UHF milair scanner. For example, I see on Universal Radio's website that they have a BC895 for USD150, checked out and with a 30 day warranty. Build a serial cable from an old CD Rom drive's audio connector, get Radiomax (virtually elminates the 300 channel problem....) and away you go for less than USD200 or so, assuming you already have a milair capable antenna. 73s Mike
 

BMT

Member
Joined
Feb 1, 2006
Messages
1,122
Reaction score
7
Norad

I missed a question about the NORAD freq List I posted. NO!! I have not heard something on every freq I posted,but I have had more hits than misses.

BMT
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top