North Canton Fire Dept Stark Co.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jgeitgey

Premium Subscriber
After reading the news about North Canton Fire & EMS getting a grant to get new radios to be able to talk on the MARCS system for countywide support, I have been hearing every once in awhile the Fire dept trucks talking on talkgroup ID 25136. I have also heard the medic units using this talkgroup ID. I believe they are using the Canton MARCS site. They reference their dispatch as 52. (engine 7 to 52) If anyone else has also heard them or has more info on this please share. They are also still using their original 154.43 frequency.

Thanks,
Jim

Last edited:

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
After reading the news about North Canton Fire & EMS getting a grant to get new radios to be able to talk on the MARCS system for countywide support, I have been hearing every once in awhile the Fire dept trucks talking on talkgroup ID 25136. I have also heard the medic units using this talkgroup ID. I believe they are using the Canton MARCS site. They reference their dispatch as 52. (engine 7 to 52) If anyone else has also heard them or has more info on this please share. They are also still using their original 154.43 frequency.

Thanks,
Jim

Hi Jim,

Thanks for the info. I've added TG 25136 to the RR database as "NCANTON FD". If after further monitoring you do not believe this is valid, let us know. But I imagine you are correct.

If at some point you discover the talkgroup that EMS is using, please do post -- and also click on the Submit button on the Ohio MARCS database page and submit that trunked system info.

Happy listening!

Mike

xusmarine1979

I've been listening and posted about it in the MARCS sticky. I've been hearing traffice on the TG and the UHF repeater, so I'm not quite sure if they will be using bot or just in process of switching. I'll be anxious to hear them with clear audio... finally.

16b

Premium Subscriber
I've been listening and posted about it in the MARCS sticky. I've been hearing traffice on the TG and the UHF repeater, so I'm not quite sure if they will be using bot or just in process of switching. I'll be anxious to hear them with clear audio... finally.
I was up there visiting relatives just after Christmas. While I was there Fire/EMS started using the UHF repeater for runs (paging was still happening on the VHF frequencies), and I also heard the radio technicians set up and test a console patch to 800MHz. From my location in North Canton I could not hear the Canton MARCS site well enough to get reliable decoding, so I'm glad to hear that someone found their TG. Guess I'll have to bring a better antenna next time I visit.

As far as why they are using their UHF repeater more now I suspect that it is because they bought APX7000s (shown in the picture in the news article), which can be optioned as dual band. Since most of their mutual aid departments are on UHF, it would make sense to buy UHF/800 APX7000s. Kind of nice to be able to use two different bands without carrying two radios.

North Canton took a pretty giant technology leap. They've been on 154.430 since at least the 70s.

xusmarine1979

I was up there visiting relatives just after Christmas. While I was there Fire/EMS started using the UHF repeater for runs (paging was still happening on the VHF frequencies), and I also heard the radio technicians set up and test a console patch to 800MHz. From my location in North Canton I could not hear the Canton MARCS site well enough to get reliable decoding, so I'm glad to hear that someone found their TG. Guess I'll have to bring a better antenna next time I visit.

As far as why they are using their UHF repeater more now I suspect that it is because they bought APX7000s (shown in the picture in the news article), which can be optioned as dual band. Since most of their mutual aid departments are on UHF, it would make sense to buy UHF/800 APX7000s. Kind of nice to be able to use two different bands without carrying two radios.

North Canton took a pretty giant technology leap. They've been on 154.430 since at least the 70s.

I wonder if they are going to us MARCS instead of the county's system. I have.n't been in the North Canton area in a while, but I recall that area not having that great of a signal from MARCS.

Status
Not open for further replies.