Not in pa

Status
Not open for further replies.

brey1234

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
No longer does a system owner remain tied to a single radio equipment vendor. This newfound ability to secure digital radio infrastructure and user equipment allows owners to leverage the advantages of head-to-head competition.
Radio Resource Magazine: OnlyOnline

((Pa taxpayers can't take advantage of putting replacement parts for Open Sky out to bid. WHY? because Harris has the patent on Open Sky meaning the state MUST buy from Harris!)))

cdknapp

Premium Subscriber
Yet another issue with the current digital technology, in addition to the operations issues.
For instance, my county went to Motorola P25 for law enforcement. Portables are $3000.00+ each. If one stops working and it’s a problem with the radio itself, they have to toss it and buy a new radio.
The ‘interoperability ‘digital ‘is supposed to offer really isn’t cutting it, and each manufacturer is using highly proprietary technology. And the fact that a lot of manufacturers and dealers are saying that you have to go to digital to meet the upcoming FCC Part 90 interoperations requirements (which is untrue), this is becoming a bigger mess every passing day.
I’ll gladly keep my analog radios and systems, using decent equipment, thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.