BCD325P2/BCD996P2: Nothing to scan

Chuckdiesel01

I recently purchased the bcd325 p2 and had it programmed for my area by Bearcat. Worked great until to day when the showe Scan Mode Nothing to Scan.
im new to this and would appreciate help remedying this issue.
thanks

RMason

Premium Subscriber
I recently purchased the bcd325 p2 and had it programmed for my area by Bearcat. Worked great until to day when the showe Scan Mode Nothing to Scan.
thanks

You have possibly disabled a quick key. Make sure that system/site quick keys are enabled.

Notes: If no systems are programmed, or all systems (or groups in a system) are locked out or turned off, 'Nothing to Scan' appears. Turn on a system/site quick key or unlock a system/site to scan. If you turn off all groups in a system you will not be able to turn any back on and also see 'Nothing to Scan'. This is a bug that frustrates everybody. In that case, while in Scan mode, press and hold Func to lock function mode. Scroll to the system then press the number of the group quick key(s) you want to enable. Press Func to start scanning then press Func again to unlock function mode.

tvengr

Well Known Member
Here is a PDF file which will answer all of your questions about using quick keys:

Attachments

• Uniden Scanner Quick Key Instructions DMA.pdf
    14.4 KB · Views: 18

Chuckdiesel01

You have possibly disabled a quick key. Make sure that system/site quick keys are enabled.

Notes: If no systems are programmed, or all systems (or groups in a system) are locked out or turned off, 'Nothing to Scan' appears. Turn on a system/site quick key or unlock a system/site to scan. If you turn off all groups in a system you will not be able to turn any back on and also see 'Nothing to Scan'. This is a bug that frustrates everybody. In that case, while in Scan mode, press and hold Func to lock function mode. Scroll to the system then press the number of the group quick key(s) you want to enable. Press Func to start scanning then press Func again to unlock function mode.
when it says scroll to the system, do you mean program system.

Saint

Premium Subscriber
thanks
Take a look at this video. Hope it will help
Saint

a727469

Premium Subscriber
No offense intended but this is why people need to learn how to program their scanner for themselves, not pay a vendor to do it.
Unfortunately, true. Obviously many years ago, just put a few frequencies in banks and hit scan. No plug and play any more. Fortunately many people in this forum are extremely helpful and there are many sources for info. However, this hobby requires a commitment to study and time. I am sure the initial questioner realizes that, which will enhance his understanding and enjoyment.

mciupa

Canadian DB Admin
@Chuckdiesel01 I hope you have cleared up your issue.

I ran across this "Nothing To Scan" issue with my BCD 325P2 once before.
What happened was I was getting a Low Battery warning and I wanted to quickly swap out the rechargables with some spare AA's I had which I assumed were good. Made the swap and I powered the scanner up. It stayed on no longer than 5 seconds. I had no key access so I couldn't power off the scanner. I put the rechargables back in because they at least had some usable power.
After the scanner rebooted, It came up with Nothing To Scan" and an empty Program List. Thank God for my back up files! In a few minutes I had my programming back with the help of a USB cable.

So, what I'm saying is did your batteries fail before this happened?

Chuckdiesel01

I think this is exactly what happened. when I first got the unit, Bearcat remotely fixed a programming problem that I was having. Hopefully this will happen again tomorro. Thanks