NPS Delaware Water Gap

em4res2cue

I'm looking for NPS Law enforcement unit numbers and NPS fire unit numbers (if possible). I know they have some trucks but not much info on there fire apparatus.

em4res2cue

Law enforcement unit numbers are 500 series numbers. I've heard the fire apparatus on the air as Engine1 and Engine 2.
Sweet thank you. How many ranger stations do they have in the park 3? Headquarters, this (41.08123312271018, -75.01949458342867), and Dingmans ferry (41.217019536325566, -74.86931448872984)?

em4res2cue

I know of those 3 plus the fire station is located at 5206 Bushkill Falls Rd, Bushkill.
That's where they keep the nps fire engines? I thought it was the building (41.07043870321608, -75.0192608457747) across the street from park headquarters. and you don't know of any more ranger stations in the park? Also do you know anything about dispatching for the park? (who takes the calls)

Last edited:

em4res2cue

I know of those 3 plus the fire station is located at 5206 Bushkill Falls Rd, Bushkill.
After some looking through some pictures I've found a couple dwp units. The station has 3 bays. Possible there's a 3rd unit?
Engine 1 - different picture
Engine 2
Engine 9 (now on loan to Roosevelt Campobello International Park)
Engine 621
Command ??- rear
Different Command (first car on the left)
unknown truck (came from the parks facebook) - possible same truck (came from parks facebook)

mark40

Premium Subscriber
From 2015-2021, passed the fire station on the way to work 4-5 days a week. Besides E-1 and E-2 the only other vehicles seen were the "unknown truck" or something similar and the command vehicle. Have never seen E-9, must have been before my daily passings. Have seen units similar to E-1, E-2 from other Park Service locations from time to time, if remembering correctly it may have been when they were doing prescribed burning.

smorris

WX3PMC/WQWZ815/MOPA-27
After some looking through some pictures I've found a couple dwp units. The station has 3 bays. Possible there's a 3rd unit?
Engine 1 - different picture
Engine 2
Engine 9 (now on loan to Roosevelt Campobello International Park)
Engine 621
Command ??- rear
Different Command (first car on the left)
unknown truck (came from the parks facebook) - possible same truck (came from parks facebook)
If those are engines, I’m the king of England! More like brush units.

Onelick

100 yards west of the east branch of the Antietam
Well Your Highness, those are engines. In the wildland world, every piece of equipment is typed. From dozers to helicopters, Incident management teams to engines. Engines 1 and 2 for PA-DWP are type 6 engines. The Engine 9 pic is probably a type 4 engine. You can find the typing standards here: Equipment, PMS 200 | NWCG Hope this helps in your understanding of the wildland world.
Onelick

mark40

Premium Subscriber
That's where they keep the nps fire engines? I thought it was the building (41.07043870321608, -75.0192608457747) across the street from park headquarters. and you don't know of any more ranger stations in the park? Also do you know anything about dispatching for the park? (who takes the calls)

I believe so, passing by when the bay doors were open the engines were in there, but they were often parked outside during the day as well. The picture of Engine 9 is definitely taken at the Bushlill Falls Road fire station location. BTW, the station formerly belonged to the Bushkill Vol Fire Co.

Pretty sure the dispatch location was at the Dingmans Ferry location, not 100% sure if it still is. Don't know of any other Ranger Station besides what we've discussed.

em4res2cue

I believe so, passing by when the bay doors were open the engines were in there, but they were often parked outside during the day as well. The picture of Engine 9 is definitely taken at the Bushlill Falls Road fire station location. BTW, the station formerly belonged to the Bushkill Vol Fire Co.

Pretty sure the dispatch location was at the Dingmans Ferry location, not 100% sure if it still is. Don't know of any other Ranger Station besides what we've discussed.
Thanks for all that info. I've also found this "Dispatch, 583- we have a brush fire at the Proof Battery." I believe that's for gateway but lines up what you said with nps leo unit numbers.

em4res2cue

Correction, confirmed Dispatch is at Park HQ.
Have you ever heard of Milanville NPS Ranger Station (41.672837962814455, -75.06430900274607) or of Upper Delaware NPS Ranger Station (41.45883643790859, -74.89401295668594).

mike4164

Premium Subscriber
NPS also has an ambulance, not sure where that is kept. NPS Upper Delaware is in Sullivan county NY right on the river north of Port Jervis, not sure how far, it has been a while since I was up that way.

em4res2cue

NPS also has an ambulance, not sure where that is kept. NPS Upper Delaware is in Sullivan county NY right on the river north of Port Jervis, not sure how far, it has been a while since I was up that way.
Really? Is there any pictures online. Never heard of an ambulance for DWP but for other bigger parks.

em4res2cue

No pictures that I know of. I have seen it it is white and orange, very plain looking and not very big markings.
I feel like you seen the Delaware township ambulance which is next to the park. I really never heard of an ambulance for Delaware water gap. Pic

mike4164

Premium Subscriber
I feel like you seen the Delaware township ambulance which is next to the park. I really never heard of an ambulance for Delaware water gap. Pic
No it was not the township. It had the NPS emblem on it. I have seen it on calls and when they are on calls in Pike county it will also show on their CAD online. When I was with Hemlock Farms FD we had a wilderness call about 7 years ago off of Rt. 6 and they were there with their ambulance to transport the patient. https://webcad.pikepa.org/pages/public/liveincidents1.aspx

em4res2cue

No it was not the township. It had the NPS emblem on it. I have seen it on calls and when they are on calls in Pike county it will also show on their CAD online. When I was with Hemlock Farms FD we had a wilderness call about 7 years ago off of Rt. 6 and they were there with their ambulance to transport the patient. https://webcad.pikepa.org/pages/public/liveincidents1.aspx
What is the call sign/ unit number when it comes up?