NSP formerly NHP has been down now since yesterday not receiving any radio traffic on their channels? Anyone know why or did something change?

iamretirednev

NSP formerly NHP has been down now since yesterday not receiving any radio traffic on their channels? Anyone know why or did something change?

737mech

Premium Subscriber
I'm having no issues with the system in Henderson. I'm also monitoring the new P25 system but not much has moved over to that system yet.

iamretirednev

Ok on monday nsps was down confirmed by nye county sheriff's dispatch. Since then on wednesday a friend confirmed nsp was working. I have rs pro668, uniden 436 and 536 and all three of them will not pick up Nsp like they did sunday. I made no adjustments on either scanner. I live in Pahrump nv and use nevada shared radio and SNACC to receive nsp and nye county. I swapped out by backup sd card on the 436 and no difference can't receive nsp, was wondering if a tower is down on the repeater to nye county i don't know about.

seaweedfalse

Premium Subscriber
My SDS is picking them up fine. A buddy in DPS said his radio received an update and it sounds "much clearer." My guess is they're testing the P25 side now and crosspatching to EDACS.