Number of channels per feed

Status
Not open for further replies.

obrien135

Hello. My question is: When you are listening to one live feed, is that scanner always tuned into just one channel of the police or fire department for that town or whatever the feed is about? Or is it actually scanning through more than one. In otherwords, for example: If I choose New Haven , CT police feed. If I am not mistaken there is only one such. But the listing of scanner frequencies on the radioreference list shows I believe 4 police channels. Would the live feed be scanning through all four, or just one that was selected for some reason?

George

kendrik578

Live Audio Administrator
Database Admin
It all depends on what the provider/volunteer of that feed is broadcasting. This is something you would need to ask the feed provider. Feeds on RR are provided by volunteers with actual scanners and they choose how and what to broadcast. In other words, all feeds are different and may be locked on just one channel, or scanning multiple channels. Hope this clears it up a bit.

Last edited:

canav844

For the New Haven feed if you look below the facebook stuff there is an additional details field, it says
This feed will monitor the North & South Dispatch channels
New Haven Police Live Scanner Audio Feed

Which to me would indicate it would be the following based upon what is in the database:
460.50000 465.50000 KRF539 110.9 PL NewHvn PD 1 Police North
460.45000 465.45000 KRF539 110.9 PL NewHvn PD 2 Police South
New Haven County, Connecticut (CT) Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference

Unfortunately this isn't too descriptive of an additional details and I'm not in the area to compare and confirm. The more specifics that feed providers can add, the easier it is for those of us listening to know exactly what to compare everything to. And of course some feed providers will help out and lock a feed onto one channel if something is really active on one, so the interesting bits aren't covered up by "routine" traffic.

Status
Not open for further replies.