Numbers Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

silverspy

The 5000 acre “Numbers” Fire is burning Southeast of Gardnerville. Command is on HTF Leviathan, 172.275. There is currently a unified command structure in place, with BLM and East Fork Fire Protection District. Structure protection strike teams have been brought in from California OES, and there are approximately 200 firefighters on scene.

rpoole23

Last I heard was 7500 acres and growing, with 0 % containment. I live in Pineview Estates where this started by and evacuated last night. It was quite the scare before we left. Saw units from all over the area arriving when we left, Reno, CalFire, USFS, BLM, Carson City, Reno, Mono County, Alpine County, even saw CHP! Aside from HTF Leviathan for command, they are using A/G 51 as primary A/G, 126.025 as Victor Rotor frequency, VFIRE 21, 22, & 23 for TAC use as well as NV BLM SOA as TAC for different divisions. and A/A primary of 120.975. Also EFFPD Silver is used as a talk around as well.

I have seen 5 helicopters today including the Chinook based out of South Lake Tahoe airport, along with Air Attack, 2 SEATS, and a VLAT earlier today. Numerous hand crews and several dozers are also out there trying to get around this fire. Here are some pics I snapped before we evacuated.

Attachments

• IMG_2206.JPG
    IMG_2206.JPG
    58.8 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_4167.JPG
    IMG_4167.JPG
    62.3 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_4890.JPG
    IMG_4890.JPG
    48.5 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_5058.JPG
    IMG_5058.JPG
    117.9 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_6856.JPG
    IMG_6856.JPG
    67.4 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_6936.JPG
    IMG_6936.JPG
    101.8 KB · Views: 21

KG7PBS

Last I heard was 7500 acres and growing, with 0 % containment. I live in Pineview Estates where this started by and evacuated last night. It was quite the scare before we left. Saw units from all over the area arriving when we left, Reno, CalFire, USFS, BLM, Carson City, Reno, Mono County, Alpine County, even saw CHP! Aside from HTF Leviathan for command, they are using A/G 51 as primary A/G, 126.025 as Victor Rotor frequency, VFIRE 21, 22, & 23 for TAC use as well as NV BLM SOA as TAC for different divisions. and A/A primary of 120.975. Also EFFPD Silver is used as a talk around as well.

I have seen 5 helicopters today including the Chinook based out of South Lake Tahoe airport, along with Air Attack, 2 SEATS, and a VLAT earlier today. Numerous hand crews and several dozers are also out there trying to get around this fire. Here are some pics I snapped before we evacuated.

I am praying your home will be there when this is all done

ME801

I just saw that Douglas County reported the fire is now at 18,000 acres and 0% containment.

silverspy

As of this morning, the Air to Ground for the South part of the Fire has been changed to A/G 3 (166.6125). There is now a type 2 team in command. So I wonder, are we to expect a transition to NIFC command channels in the reasonably near future?

rpoole23

After spending two days away, came home and the neighborhood was untouched. Looking at the map of the fire, it burned almost completely around! Crazy. Once I got back home, the fire was quite a bit away over some hills so I couldn't get that good enough reception to find out which frequencies they had transitioned to once the type 2 team assumed command. The firefighters did an amazing job on that fire. I am so thankful for them.

KG7PBS

After spending two days away, came home and the neighborhood was untouched. Looking at the map of the fire, it burned almost completely around! Crazy. Once I got back home, the fire was quite a bit away over some hills so I couldn't get that good enough reception to find out which frequencies they had transitioned to once the type 2 team assumed command. The firefighters did an amazing job on that fire. I am so thankful for them.

Glad to hear BTW did we get the Final NUMBERS on this Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.