• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

NX-5300 No Playback

Good morning here is the issue I am running into and what steps I have taken to attempt to resolve it. The issue I am facing is that the TX/RX are not recording to memory card.
  • Purchase/Enable SD Card Feature
  • Inserted/Formated (from radio) 32 gb memory card
  • Enabled Playback Menu w/ Playback, Eject memory card and format memory card options
  • Assigned A button to playback (says empty when I press it)
  • Within KPG-D1N I've set to record all RX/TX under the Options 2 menu
  • Set recording length internal 30 seconds (default) and SD Card 60 seconds
Additionally I have created a test codeplug, put one frequency in it and wrote it to the radio. The recording works! So it has something clearly to do with my built out codeplug... but for the life of me I cannot figure out what I'm missing. Within my test code plug I followed the same steps listed above to get it to work.

tweiss3

Is it time for Coffee?
Premium Subscriber
Did you format the card after it was inserted into the radio?

dapaq2

I can assure you that it is not anything that you are doing wrong as you are not the only person experiencing that issue. I too experience the same behavior with the record feature. I started noticing recording issues about roughly one year ago. I also experience the no recording issue AFTER converting a code plug from a "mobile" model to a "portable" model and writing to the portable. The radio does see the SD Card as indicated by the SD Card icon, show good SD Card (not the red X icon) and formatting the SD Card makes no difference, recording just does not start or happen. I strongly believe the cause of the problem is solely/directly related to "something" going on within the KPG-D1 program, I say that because I will have a code plug that works perfectly fine starting out fresh but after building up the code plug with more content and reach a certain amount that is when things start acting up. Also have a mobile that the recording feature works perfectly fine on but after I change/convert the radio type in the code plug from mobile to portable and the conversion is complete and then write the code plug to the portable, the recording feature does not work on the portable!

I can assure you that it is not anything that you are doing wrong as you are not the only person experiencing that issue. I too experience the same behavior with the record feature. I started noticing recording issues about roughly one year ago. I also experience the no recording issue AFTER converting a code plug from a "mobile" model to a "portable" model and writing to the portable. The radio does see the SD Card as indicated by the SD Card icon, show good SD Card (not the red X icon) and formatting the SD Card makes no difference, recording just does not start or happen. I strongly believe the cause of the problem is solely/directly related to "something" going on within the KPG-D1 program, I say that because I will have a code plug that works perfectly fine starting out fresh but after building up the code plug with more content and reach a certain amount that is when things start acting up. Also have a mobile that the recording feature works perfectly fine on but after I change/convert the radio type in the code plug from mobile to portable and the conversion is complete and then write the code plug to the portable, the recording feature does not work on the portable!
I am glad I'm not the only one with issues, though that doesn't solve our problems :). My codeplug that I am having issues with came out of a full keyboard 5300 (maybe K6, can't remember the different models) and put into my standard model 5300 (ABC keys only). Though I would think that shouldn't be the issue.