• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

NX5K cant select RF decks

KC3AWP

Feed Provider
Good evening all,

Just recently installed a second NX5700 on my setup giving me a single head (KCH-19) dual deck setup (both 5700's). Setup and multi deck programming went fine from what I understand, I get no errors when booting and I see the second RF deck on my control head but I can not switch to it. All programmed keys give an error beep when pressed and when I put a menu option to select RF deck, it does not appear.

Ive double checked the firmware, dip switches, programming steps, etc and Im not quite sure where im missing why Im unable to select my second deck. Any tips where to look in programming. Both radios are running firmware 4.60.0 but I also attempted this at firmware 4.23.0 as well.

kd4efm

Premium Subscriber
What button do you have deck A, and Deck B assigned? Is it in the menu?

Kch19 only shows 1 deck at a time but the number of decks connected on the left.

KC3AWP

Feed Provider
What button do you have deck A, and Deck B assigned? Is it in the menu?

Kch19 only shows 1 deck at a time but the number of decks connected on the left.
I have func+up as rf deck up and func+dn as rf deck down. Do I need to assign a deck per button? I imagined it more as a scroll then a select if that makes sense.

And when I ment it show's both decks, I ment it shows me the selected deck 1 and 2 next to my channel name, confirming it sees the other deck.

KC3AWP

Feed Provider
Ok so after multiple reprogramming and pointing the deck select at different buttons, Its now happy with my AUX button being the RF deck select button. It must be particular on what button is assigned to rf deck selection is what I imagine.

Question 2: theres no way to have both decks audio come out the internal speaker if there is traffic on both monitored channels, the way a Kenwood D710 does? Right now I have deck A internal speaker and deck b external speaker with deck b usually being -9bd unselected.

tweiss3

Is it time for Coffee?
Premium Subscriber
Ok so after multiple reprogramming and pointing the deck select at different buttons, Its now happy with my AUX button being the RF deck select button. It must be particular on what button is assigned to rf deck selection is what I imagine.

Question 2: theres no way to have both decks audio come out the internal speaker if there is traffic on both monitored channels, the way a Kenwood D710 does? Right now I have deck A internal speaker and deck b external speaker with deck b usually being -9bd unselected.
Not with the 19 head, you need an external speaker for each deck.

wd8chl

As to speakers, plug a speaker into each deck. Then what come out the speaker in the head will be what you have selected, and the other two will be equivalent to a console "unselect" audio.

KC3AWP

Feed Provider
This is what I’m planning on doing. I have two KES-5A’s. One is installed and the other will be going in shortly.