NXDN Cedar Hill PD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scottm467

Has anyone with a NXDN capable radio tried to monitor Cedar Hill PD? Just wanted to make sure it works before buying. Thanks

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Has anyone with a NXDN capable radio tried to monitor Cedar Hill PD? Just wanted to make sure it works before buying. Thanks
Scott,

So far, no luck with the TRX-1 on Cedar Hill, Duncanville, or Desoto. Still experimenting with the settings to see if I can get it to work. I'm getting hits on wildcars added to the system, but no voice.

However, Lancaster has moved to NXDN as well, and I have managed to start getting them.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Hearing what sounds like Lancaster EMS dispatch traffic on TG 12100

Several other TGID's popping up, but not enough info to positively identify usage

ve52001

Premium Subscriber

I'm in the same boat here. I did monitor both SWCC and Lancaster's systems on a analog scanner to see if there was any difference in the sound. Lancaster system sounds different then SWCC system, which leads me to believe maybe that Lancaster is a 4800baud system, which sounds just like the same audio that I've heard samples of NXDN on a analog radio before. I've never heard a sample that sounds like the SWCC so I'm thinking that's because its a 9600 baud rate system? I could be wrong on this, but I do know they sound totally different. The key to the SWCC system is are they encrypted? Also I think right out of the gate some had have issues trying to listen to NXDN 9600baud rate radios with the TRX scanners.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
While I have made a great deal of progress monitoring NXDN on Lancaster's new system on mt TRX-1, I can't say the same about the system. used by Cedar Hill, Duncanville, and Desoto, Southwest Regional Communications Center Trunking System, Cedar Hill, Desoto, Dunca, Texas - Scanner Frequencies

Lancaster is using a NXDN C 4800 system. I know that Desoto has access to it, because last night, when Lancaster was working a large house fire in the southern part of the town, with few hydrants, one of Desoto's quints responded, popping up on the Lancaster channels.

I have been trying to resolve just the Duncanville layer on the SWRCC system, trying to program it conventionally, as well as using the various options for a trunked NXDN system in EZ-Scan. The most I've been able to coax out of Duncanville so far is occasional wild card hits of short duration, with no voice, under the trunked settings. I'lm also seeing occasional hits on one or more of the listed talkgroups, but no voice on these short duration hits either. If I program them as conventional, then the scanner will find & lock onto the control channel, but not getting any voice, on any channel.

I'm still trying to solve Duncanville, as well as further document Lancaster.

ve52001

Premium Subscriber
Well Steve I certainly appreciate your efforts. I think there have been very little success with the 9600 flavor of NXDN, with several TRX owners. I hope you have some break through with DSD+ and maybe soon we hear some update from Whistler. I'm really hoping that Uniden releases someone as well, because I really would like to try a 536HP or a 436HP. Can't make up my mine if I want a portable or base/mobile. I plan on putting my PSR-600 in my truck sometime soon, to listen to DPS, Dallas PD, and Dallas sheriff, although I can listen to Dallas sheriff on my 2 meter rig now.

ve52001

Premium Subscriber
I did see a post where they could only get the 9600 systems to unmute with limit search on their TRX but when programing them conventionally or trunk no matter what, it will not unmute.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I did see a post where they could only get the 9600 systems to unmute with limit search on their TRX but when programing them conventionally or trunk no matter what, it will not unmute.
Yep, I saw that as well. But the frequencies used by SWRCC for Duncanville & the other two cities are wedged in between some of the Dallas PD channels, which may interrupt the search string. For Duncanville, 3 of the frequencies are 453.xxxx, the other two 460.xxxx, two big a spread for a useful search.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Just tried it as a Limit Search using the Desoto channels for the limits. I did get some activity, showing the "talkgroups" shown for the system. Showing up as NXDN 9600, RAN 2.

Lancaster is working as a 4800 system, RAN 1. Back to the drawing board.

ve52001

Premium Subscriber
You know what, I just thought about that, lol. I remember before monitoring DPD and hearing that NXDN noise after they transmit. So yeah that would make since not being able to maybe listen to some of those freqs, or having some trouble, at least on the limit search.

Status
Not open for further replies.