NXDN Conventional?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkstar350

I have been decoding a NXDN frequency which i am not sure if its part of a trunk system or not
Usually with NXDN there is a RAN , group , and radio ID
On this particular frequency all i get is the RAN and the RID but no TG
Most of the time the NXDN i monitor is part of a trunk system so im not sure if this means it is a standalone frequency NOT part of a trunk system...

Attachments

• nxc.jpg
    nxc.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 484

racingfan360

If you generate a log file, check it....it will show TS or TB for trunk. CS or CB for Conventional. I'd assume it's conventional. Not that uncommon for simple NXDN systems with one set of users to use different radio IDs but not use any Groups.

slicerwizard

Some conventional NXDN users are set up with TG0 (no talkgroup?)

A trunked system wouldn't support that, so you're dealing with a conventional channel.

Attachments

• NXDN Conventional.png
    NXDN Conventional.png
    14.1 KB · Views: 385

Darkstar350

Make sense i figured as much
I guess i was thinking along the lines of MotoTRBO which has a color code, slot and TG even if its non trunked

What's the frequency being monitored?

Frequency is 464.45625
A school bus company ULS License - Industrial/Business Pool, Conventional License - WQTV251 - Suffolk Transportation Service Inc
The license also reflects conventional which dosent always mean something but in this case it does not seem to be related to a trunk system...

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
Frequency is 464.45625
A school bus company ULS License - Industrial/Business Pool, Conventional License - WQTV251 - Suffolk Transportation Service Inc
The license also reflects conventional which dosent always mean something but in this case it does not seem to be related to a trunk system...

Are you hearing bus related comms? Are you eastern central or western Nassau?
There is also WQNF868 - Lenox Hill Hospital listed for that freq but their listed as trunked.

ULS License - Industrial/Business Pool, Trunked License - WQNF868 - Lenox Hill Hospital

Status
Not open for further replies.