NXDN Ham Repeater List

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevelton

I know for a fact that the MASS NXDN repeaters are 6.25, because they are Icom repeaters. Icom only does NXDN in 6.25. Kenwood can do it either 12.5 OR 6.25. So it would be wise for anyone who owns a Kenwood NEXEDGE repeater or radios to use them on ham frequencies in the VNB or 6.25 mode. This way it is ready to communicate with an Icom IDAS radio. Also, Icom users need to remember to set their radio to "Fast Unmute on the Channel programming page, so they dont possibly miss transmissions from a Kenwood radio.
As long as those to tips are followed, there shouldnt be much problem of Interoperability between the 2.

Steven

n1das

I'll be changing my Hartford repeater to 6.25, probably today, or whenever I can get to the site.

I have not seen any specs on the MA NXDN repeaters - whether they are 6.25 or 12.5. The NERD listing for my repeaters delineates 6.25 for the mode, with 12.5 simply saying 'NXDN'. If I recall, that's how the Swansea, Taunton, etc. repeater are listed, which seems to indicate they're 12.5. Just not sure.

Cliff k1iff

I have met the owner(s) / trustee(s) of those repeaters at NEAR-fest. The repeaters are Icom iDAS, so they are 6.25k NXDN. No 12.5k NXDN with Icom iDAS.

6.25k NXDN --> Icom iDAS and Kenwood NEXEDGE.
12.5k NXDN --> Kenwood NEXEDGE only.

Analog wide or narrow / 6.25k NXDN mixed mode operation --> Icom iDAS. The repeater has to go off the air (i.e., wait for tail drop) to change transmit modes.

Analog narrow only / 12.5k NXDN mixed mode operation --> Kenwood NEXEDGE. The repeater can change transmit modes without having to drop transmit first. The Kenwood's behavior is like a Motorola Quantar repeater in analog / P25 mixed mode operation...tail doesn't have to drop to switch transmit mode.

Last edited:

n1das

I know for a fact that the MASS NXDN repeaters are 6.25, because they are Icom repeaters. Icom only does NXDN in 6.25. Kenwood can do it either 12.5 OR 6.25. So it would be wise for anyone who owns a Kenwood NEXEDGE repeater or radios to use them on ham frequencies in the VNB or 6.25 mode. This way it is ready to communicate with an Icom IDAS radio. Also, Icom users need to remember to set their radio to "Fast Unmute on the Channel programming page, so they dont possibly miss transmissions from a Kenwood radio.
As long as those to tips are followed, there shouldnt be much problem of Interoperability between the 2.

Steven

Ahhh...the fast unmute problem when Kenwood is talking to Icom in 6.25k mode. I found that too and suggested it to the MA NXDN guys using iDAS. Maybe I'm the one who originated that suggestion. Kenwood has done a few weird things in their NXDN implementation.

k1iff

The basic point here is to promote experimenation and exploration of this technolgy, which everyone seems to be doing. As it grows, so do the "pains" associated with anything new.

Another thing that needs to happen is that we need to work with the coordination bodies to provide them with sufficient details and a basic understanding of this newer technology. Many of them have little exposure to 12.5 FM, let alone NXDN or other digital modes. Somehow they need to develop a listing protocol that everyone understands. For example, and given what I now know, NXDN repeater listings should simply say NXDN, with 6.25 implied unless otherwise noted.

BTW, my Hartford NXR-810 is now using 6.25 as of yesterday (after my experimentation was done, AND I seemed to be the only one listed in the US using 12.5!). Based on that, Steven, you can probably lead the effort to standardize how this stuff gets listed, using your pdf. Just remove the 8K and 4K designations, and annotate anything other than 6.25

73 Cliff

stevelton

That would be less confusing. How about a page 3 for basic programming hints, though all I could give hints on is Icom equipment. If someone wants to write up a few quick pointers on setting up a Kenwood radio for ham use, we could really have ourselves a nice howto article going on the use of NXDN for ham radio.
Steven

stevelton

Ok, I will keep updating this list as new or more accurate info becomes available. I will see if I can send emails to the repeater coordinators to see what their plans are to handle these newer modes, like NXDN or TRBO.

I will keep the list on our County ARES page, so feel free to check there every so often to see if there is a newer version out. Here is V1.3 as of 10 minutes ago

http://www.waynecountyares.webs.com/NXDN Repeater List v1.3.pdf

Steven

stevelton

Ok, I added a page to our county ARES website www.waynecountyares.webs.com/ilead.html . On there I will add a new link to the PDF of known NXDN ham repeaters as a new or updated list becomes available. Currently, it is up to v1.4 as of the 2nd of November.

I will add a new version when a major change is made to a current repeater, or a new repeater is added.

Thanks to everyone for the input and ideas!

Steven

Last edited:

Railham_CJ

Premium Subscriber
Man i got the radio capatable of it now i need to get those digital chips sense these NXDN IDAS repeaters are poping up for the new digital mode lol .

stevelton

Man i got the radio capatable of it now i need to get those digital chips sense these NXDN IDAS repeaters are poping up for the new digital mode lol .

Do it before June and when I come down to Florida for vacation there will be some NXDN activity to use it with!
Ive already drove out to Mass. to play with their NXDN repeaters, and next stop florida to play there.
Steven

KD8BIW

NXDN Ashland, OH

Steven,

Please add our club repeater to your list...

N8IHI/R 147.105/147.705 CTCSS 71.9/RAN 2 Icom IAS100DV running full 100 watts @ 1600ft AMSL.

As soon as I can make it to the site, I will be interfacing the CAT1K controller to it. It is running dual mode at this time. Thanks for taking the interest, look forward to seeing more NXDN repeaters in our area!

Steve KD8BIW

stevelton

I added that repeater to the lastest list, and uploaded that pdf to our ARES page.

I will have both a UHF and VHF NXDN handheld on me at the Dayton hamfest this year in case anyone wants to arraign a simplex channel to use.

Steven KC9GMX

drhyde

Radio Type

Whats a go radio to go with? I am going to fl soon, where would be a good place to get a nexedge radio.
Rich
Ke4gjg

Astro25

Burlington, Wisconsin

441.00625 + RAN-20 6.25 narrow (NEXEDGE digital only, analog side is not used)

It is linked to a Racine tower as well as one near Chicago.

Usage is based on ESN authentication, if you'd like to use it PM me your call sign and radio's ESN so I can add it to the system.

stevelton

Burlington, Wisconsin

441.00625 + RAN-20 6.25 narrow (NEXEDGE digital only, analog side is not used)

It is linked to a Racine tower as well as one near Chicago.

Usage is based on ESN authentication, if you'd like to use it PM me your call sign and radio's ESN so I can add it to the system.

Can you provide the Freq. and RAN for the other 2 that are linked into your system?
By using ESNs, do the user radios have to be Kenwood, or will the system allow Icom IDAS radios as well?
Steven

OM8ARK

We plan to start-up Nexedge repeater NXR-810 in a few days. Just let me one question related to this topic. Is there any sense of using RANs? I understand and abet to use CTCSS/DCS in analog mode but what's the reason to use RAN code in digital? No unexpected QRM/N can enter repeater and cause a noise. So..?

stevelton

Here is the newest and greatest Amateur repeater list of US NXDN repeaters.

Thanks to everyone who has kept me up to date or corrected inaccurate information.

Also, Dayton Hamvention is coming up fast.
I will have my F3161d on 147.555 NXDN, and my F6121d mobile on 440.91875 NXDN unless everyone else would rather pick a more "common" UHF frequency.
I will have the UHF mobile on during the drive to and from the hamfest, and the VHF on walking around the hamfest.

Steven

Attachments

• NXDN Repeater List v1.7.pdf
    51.9 KB · Views: 1,203

stevelton

The 444.425 riverview is on the NXDN repeater list

Florida is the hot bed of NXDN repeater activity!
I cant wait to get down there this June and play around
Steven KC9GMX

D

DaveNF2G

Can somebody turn this directory into an iPhone app like the one that already exists for D*Star?

Status
Not open for further replies.