NXDN Silence Frame

Red_Ice

Hello friends, I have a question, I imagine the answer is affirmative, do you know if the NXDN system has a silence frame similar to that of the DMR system? And if so, does anyone know him?

SantiagoRC

Good morning,

it's my first time posting in this forum, and I'm new to these topics. I'm interested in knowing if there is, or if it's necessary, a have a silence frame in NXDN."

"I've searched through several samples I have available and haven't been able to find the sound frame mentioned in the manual, nor any other repeated frame that I could consider as a sound frame."

"I've looked into the mbelib code and I've found that within this code, a silence frame, an erasure frame, and a tone frame are defined as well."

If what I believe to deduce is correct, the vocoder would interpret a frame as silence, just by looking at certain bits, and if I am correct, any value of the sound frame, by setting the appropriate bits to 1, the vocoder would interpret it as silence. Am I correct or very wrong?"

If I am correct, searching for a supposed sound frame with a specific format would be a dead end.

I have tried to find information about the AMBE vocoder and I have not succeeded. Could someone indicate where to download it or send it? Also, information about the AMBE vocoder and the mbelib library."

I hope I have explained myself correctly and that the translator does its job well. My English is very bad, and I have turned to ChatGPT.

Thank you very much.

slicerwizard

Hello friends, I have a question, I imagine the answer is affirmative, do you know if the NXDN system has a silence frame similar to that of the DMR system? And if so, does anyone know him?
When I looked at clear and scrambled NXDN voice, I believe that clear voice did use AMBE silence frames; scrambled definitely did not. I assume that was a weak attempt at making 15 bit scrambling slightly less of a hot mess.

I remember noting that scrambling didn't use silence frames. I doubt it would've been interesting/memorable if clear also didn't use silence frames, so I'm sticking with clear:yes, scramble:no.