NY SAR's Net...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Why was 155.160 removed from the page when its an active channel in Oswego County and Licensed to the SAR Team in that County ? Currently is at the Parish Tower and used on portables and mobiles.

What PL is used in Oswego, 127.3 or 131.8?

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
127.3 at Parish Site. During an incident it is patched to the TLMR SAR OPS Talkgroup.

Which means it matches up to the current PL of the 155.160 VSAR16 statewide listing, and thus would be a duplicate entry. Our policy is not to duplicate listings at the county level which are already listed at the statewide level.

By all rights, VSAR16 shouldn't be listed anywhere in NYS, neither at the state nor county level, since it's already listed at the nationwide level under Public Safety Common.

In fact, since that is the case, I'll be removing 155.160 from the NYS Common/Shared page as well. It will only be listed at the nationwide level for 127.3 PL usage, per RRDB policy.

Sorry for any confusion, thanks for bringing the updated PL to my attention.

jeepsandradios

Feed Provider
Which means it matches up to the current PL of the 155.160 VSAR16 statewide listing, and thus would be a duplicate entry. Our policy is not to duplicate listings at the county level which are already listed at the statewide level.

By all rights, VSAR16 shouldn't be listed anywhere in NYS, neither at the state nor county level, since it's already listed at the nationwide level under Public Safety Common.

In fact, since that is the case, I'll be removing 155.160 from the NYS Common/Shared page as well. It will only be listed at the nationwide level for 127.3 PL usage, per RRDB policy.

Sorry for any confusion, thanks for bringing the updated PL to my attention.

Thanks for the clarification. Kinda sucks for anyone actually looking for the frequency or PL in a certain area being we can't list it especially for a channel that is used primarily on site. Kinda strange as many other frequencies that are used nationwide are also used locally with a similar or same PL such as all the EMS agencies... I get rules but just confused...I guess SAR should have used our own PL to get it listed in the database...

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Since VSAR16 155.160 PL 127.3 is a nationally recognized channel, it's no different than VCALL or UTAC or any of the other dozens of nationwide interop channels. We don't permit those to be listed (duplicated) at the state or county level either.

Of course there are going to be dozens or hundreds of examples of particular frequency and PL combinations through the state, to say nothing of the country. The key difference is that those are not nationally recognized channels.

And remember that when SAR in NYS was using 131.8 PL, that was not the nationwide standard, so it was considered unique, and was permitted to be listed on the statewide page. However, it should not have been listed in Oswego County as it was, because it duplicated the statewide listing. That was an oversight.

AuntEnvy

Premium Subscriber
Virgil Repeater. It is listed on the live feed.

Hmm, wonder if we're talking about different online feeds. I'm not utilizing broadcastify itself but a different phone app. Perhaps I should've mentioned that off the bat...? ; )

Nevertheless, the 153.995 and 155.160 in Cortland aren't registered to any S&R group.

jeepsandradios

Feed Provider
Since VSAR16 155.160 PL 127.3 is a nationally recognized channel, it's no different than VCALL or UTAC or any of the other dozens of nationwide interop channels. We don't permit those to be listed (duplicated) at the state or county level either.

Of course there are going to be dozens or hundreds of examples of particular frequency and PL combinations through the state, to say nothing of the country. The key difference is that those are not nationally recognized channels.

And remember that when SAR in NYS was using 131.8 PL, that was not the nationwide standard, so it was considered unique, and was permitted to be listed on the statewide page. However, it should not have been listed in Oswego County as it was, because it duplicated the statewide listing. That was an oversight.

As reference there was not a nationwide standard until NIFOG Version 1.5 (I think) which was listed back in 2015. Hence NYS was proactive and all teams voted to change to the new PL. Our team still runs the 131.8 for local training vs the 127.3. I know of other teams that have both still. I get the reasoning its not listed. Sucks for anyone who downloads from RR as now it will not be in the scanner. Guess I'll need to remember that when I pull it again.

jeepsandradios

Feed Provider
Hmm, wonder if we're talking about different online feeds. I'm not utilizing broadcastify itself but a different phone app. Perhaps I should've mentioned that off the bat...? ; )

Nevertheless, the 153.995 and 155.160 in Cortland aren't registered to any S&R group.

Correct. When teams are in Cortland they utilize VSAR160.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
As reference there was not a nationwide standard until NIFOG Version 1.5 (I think) which was listed back in 2015. Hence NYS was proactive and all teams voted to change to the new PL. Our team still runs the 131.8 for local training vs the 127.3. I know of other teams that have both still. I get the reasoning its not listed. Sucks for anyone who downloads from RR as now it will not be in the scanner. Guess I'll need to remember that when I pull it again.

Yes, I'm aware of when the standard was changed, as I pay close attention to the NIFOG guide as well as all NYS OIEC plan documents.

If you can confirm actual usage of 155.160 with a PL other than 127.3, those can be added to the database where appropriate.

jeepsandradios

Feed Provider
Yes, I'm aware of when the standard was changed, as I pay close attention to the NIFOG guide as well as all NYS OIEC plan documents.

If you can confirm actual usage of 155.160 with a PL other than 127.3, those can be added to the database where appropriate.

Being I program 75% of the radios in the state for this I can confirm many locations use the 131.8 still, however the goal is to use 127.3 where available so its not worth adding these at this point. There are teams looking to license other VHF repeater pairs as has been done in CNY to use as some areas 155.160 is still used actively in those areas.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
For the sake of clarify, the channel name for 155.160 PL 127.3 is VSAR16, not VSAR160. Previously refereed to as SAR160, hence the confusion.

Status
Not open for further replies.