nypd cw3

Lllsssrrr000

Premium Subscriber
Hi
Just a quick question.
Citywide three seems to be a lot more static than the rest of NYPD radio channels.
Is there a reason for this?

DaveNF2G

Premium Subscriber
I think the two threads you posted are probably about the same topic. CW3 is acting up, so SOD moved to CW2, apparently.

Lllsssrrr000

Premium Subscriber
It’s a possibility I suppose but CW three has been like that for ages.
That was more of just a general question as to why it is like that
Not sure why SOD moved

The Magnificent
Premium Subscriber
Hi
Just a quick question.
Citywide three seems to be a lot more static than the rest of NYPD radio channels.
Is there a reason for this?
Where are you listening from? Are you listening on OpenMHZ or an actual scanner / portable / mobile?

I hear CW 3 fine on all of my radios (older analog and newer P25 capable) and all I hear is the same thing, clear (occasional chop) and a bunch of people with no radio etiquette, all I hear is loud talking and people constantly stepping over one another. CW3 is usually the designated citywide traffic channel. You’ll hear central on it reading out jobs, requests, etc, and hear traffic agents usually stepping over central or (excuse my language) being ghetto and acting ghetto on the radio. You’ll hear the occasional traffic detail unit or citywide traffic task force units but beside that, park on a different CW. I’d honestly rather listen to CW 4 throw it’s AES sounds than listen to CW 3 only because of how loud and annoying the people on that channel tend to be.