NYPD Trunk?

pro106import

Premium Subscriber
Milford, Ct. perched high above Long Island Sound
Where are the TX sites? I am in Sea Bright NJ, NO signal. All other NYPD Citywide channels and NYC Trunk systems Full signal here, line of sight to NYC. Is this system on the air at this time?
I am about 70 miles away. I got 70 hits since I put the system into my SDS100 and G2 late last night. All Citywide 1 talkgroup. All on 484.8125. The control channel is still 471.2375. Yes it is on the air at this time. Sites are below. Go to this page and click on the callsigns to see the exact site locations.

Clipb1oard-1.jpg

Clipboar1d-1.jpg

Last edited:

GraniteScanner

Radio Nerd
Premium Subscriber
Coming in very strong and stable at my location. -90db control channel. ( 471.2375 ) In comparison, the NYCICN system is -103db right now. Maybe this will be the system they use for the City Wide channels instead of going encr. It would solve the jamming problem. Wishful thinking.

They could do both, but that is one way to try and stop jamming.

richee2000

Communications Professional
Sea Bright NJ, East Hanover NJ, Basking Ridge NJ
I understand all of these sites listed are licensed. But I question which sites are actually on the air. I am line of sight with Staten Island Manhattan Brooklyn and Queens and have zero signal. Can anyone verify which sites are actually being used? What are your locations that you are actually hearing the system? Everything else in the city is still coming in 5x5 as always. So I know it's not reception issues.

pro106import

Premium Subscriber
I understand all of these sites listed are licensed. But I question which sites are actually on the air. I am line of sight with Staten Island Manhattan Brooklyn and Queens and have zero signal. Can anyone verify which sites are actually being used? What are your locations that you are actually hearing the system?
The control channel is licensed here. Not sure if that is exactly the only transmitters that would transmit the CC though. Right now it seems like they are off the air.

richee2000

Very strange since I am line of sight with lower Manhattan. Port authority system loud and clear. NYPD conventional channels all out and clear. NYICS loud and clear. Metro 25 system loud and clear. Yet this new system no signal whatsoever. i also put each channel in, as conventional, no signal

Last edited:

pro106import

Premium Subscriber
The control channel is licensed here. Not sure if that is exactly the only transmitters that would transmit the CC though.

Very strange since I am line of sight with lower Manhattan. Port authority system loud and clear. NYPD conventional channels all out and clear. NYICS loud and clear. Metro 25 system loud and clear. Yet this new system no signal whatsoever
Control Channel back on the air
Here are the site particulars in case it helps you

Clip1board-1.jpg

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
I was able to obtain a signal earlier from Suffolk county but then it was gone. I tried all listed freqs and could not obtain again.

richee2000

Try it now, it's back on the air
I have a feeling this is a work in progress, nothing yet here.....will continue to monitor.. thank you for your help. I also have the channels in, without trunking..... I took a ride going north all the way to Sandy Hook where I can See The buildings in lower Manhattan. Nothing.

Last edited: