NYPD Trunk?

richee2000

Communications Professional
Sea Bright NJ, East Hanover NJ, Basking Ridge NJ
The System now has a -97 dbm signal in Sea Bright NJ today . Still is much weaker than all other NY City Wide based Trunk systems. Still cannot receive this system indoors, on the SDS 100, but they might have turned on a south facing site today, or its just reception issues.

pro106import

Premium Subscriber
Milford, Ct. perched high above Long Island Sound
The System now has a -97 dbm signal in Sea Bright NJ today . Still is much weaker than all other NY City Wide based Trunk systems. Still cannot receive this system indoors, on the SDS 100, but they might have turned on a south facing site today, or its just reception issues.
Big band enhancement today and yesterday. I am getting the NJICS system W.Orange and Union sites full bars on the G5. Usually only 1 or 2 bars. So my guess is you are experiencing the same band condition enhancements.
Clipboa22rd-1.jpg

richee2000

rr60

Premium Subscriber
Coming in very strong and stable at my location. -90db control channel. ( 471.2375 ) In comparison, the NYCICN system is -103db right now. Maybe this will be the system they use for the City Wide channels instead of going encr. It would solve the jamming problem. Wishful thinking.
Signals 25 SW of lower Manhattan. No activity as well, UT.
NYPD UHF TRS -108 dBm NYCICN 30 -95 dBm NYICN 31 -100 dBm

rr60

Premium Subscriber
Back live. Encrypted of course. No affiliations seen, must be linked. All the same RID’s for each TG. Be easy to match up activity to SA spikes. This is off my beat however.
Richee the BSI is KEH307. If it means anything.Bronx. Oh couple P25 data channels in the lineup too.

richee2000

Back live. Encrypted of course. No affiliations seen, must be linked. All the same RID’s for each TG. Be easy to match up activity to SA spikes. This is off my beat however.
Richee the BSI is KEH307. If it means anything.Bronx. Oh couple P25 data channels in the lineup too.
The actual reasoning for the establishment of this trunking system is perplexing

rr60

Premium Subscriber
Hypothetical, How about a relay of PD TAC channels? Creates better coverage than simplex would and secures the Comm’s if they were are were not. A possibility as FDNY does similar for many years. Leaving the sandbox, see yaaa.

Last edited:

richee2000

Hypothetical, How about a relay of PD TAC channels? Creates better coverage that simplex would and secures the Comm’s if they were are were not. A possibility as FDNY does similar for many years. Leaving the sandbox, see yaaa.
Who knows? I put the system on and I see no activity whatsoever I see no activity except for midtown north south precinct encrypted

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
Comment from 1,500 miles away...I'd imagine they are making judicious use of panel antennas. So coverage outside the intended area will be minimal. But that's just a guess based on my weeks of RF knowledge.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
The "coverage map" in the RRDB defaults to the coverage area encompassing NYC proper used for most other citywide entities. It's in no way any representation of official coverage of the system, which one would think would be glaringly obvious by now. This system is propagating well outside that coverage area in some directions, based on the location and elevation of the active site. Not going to get into any specifics beyond that, as there's already too much assuming and speculating in this thread (shocking).