NYPD Trunk?

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
They wouldn't. On systems that are partially encrypted, or part-time encrypted, my comment stands. However, one of the previous posters said that the talkgroup was previously in the clear, so there was an opportunity to identify RIDs before encryption.
The SIDs coming up so far are mostly techs, and come up on all talkgroups, so there's nothing to "identify" on this system.

k2hz

Database Admin
They wouldn't. On systems that are partially encrypted, or part-time encrypted, my comment stands. However, one of the previous posters said that the talkgroup was previously in the clear, so there was an opportunity to identify RIDs before encryption.
But, if you had been following this thread, the only traffic is of the UHF system so there probably were no trunked system RIDs to be seen.

seagravebuff60

Office Assistant
Feed Provider
I swear, the more and more posts in this thread, the more brain cells I lose.....

Following known RIDs is the best way to identify encrypted talkgroups.
The only "known RIDs" on this system are the radio techs.....

They wouldn't. On systems that are partially encrypted, or part-time encrypted, my comment stands.
True. Except, If you had been following this specific system or read the other messages in the thread, you would know that the only traffic on this system is multicasted from the UHF conv counterparts. On this system, specifically when multicasted traffic is heard, DSD+ (which I use) displays an EXTERNAL RID for each transmission, regardless of whether it's a dispatcher or a field unit. Because it is a straight multicasted patch, units are natively operating on UHF, not this system.

However, one of the previous posters said that the talkgroup was previously in the clear, so there was an opportunity to identify RIDs before encryption.
Yes, I did mention that. But I heard the multicasted traffic and matched it with UHF audio to identify it, not through RIDs, because, as I mentioned, they all say EXTERNAL. The Talkgroup was clear and then went encrypted right before It was submitted.

seagravebuff60

Office Assistant
Feed Provider
TG 701 being multicasted from SSD CW1 now.
Maybe just for testing right now? I have TG 308 as SSD 1 CW, although I haven't heard 308 since August and haven't been listening today.
Im assuming TGs 701-706 are the Radio Tech talkgroups, But I can't be certain. Some are T, some are TE, and Some are Te.

Seriously, has anyone seen any actual system subscriber RIDs, other than the radio techs, on this system?
Negative