NYSEG utility still ( NO AUDIO) WHEN SCANNING ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

DaveNF2G

You should look in the New York Forum for the official sticky thread about the NYSEG system and read that. Everything known (by us scannists) about that system is in that thread.

phask

Premium Subscriber
New York State Electric and Gas (NYSEG) Trunking System, Statewide, New York - Scanner Frequencies

This is the system - which site are you trying to receive?

It shows Bristol in Ontario County none in Seneca and NO SITE actually in Geneva. Not knowing the area - that looks a little far from Geneva. It may be possible that you can not receive it without an external antenna.

That is IF you have everything else correct.

- it took me 10 minutes to figure out what county you might be in and research it. Search for your zip code andvreate a favorite using create a favorite using Sentinel - edit - add channels on range - zip code. new favorite. I'd then delete all the sites not close.

STICKY1

is there a thread for that, I will look for it thanks, I know it is a p25 system , also the local sherriff dept has changed over ontairo co sherriff , I cant pick up there system either , trying to figure it out with all the reading iam still coming up empty thanks

STICKY1

i think the Bristol one is closest , but iam in Geneva iam showing my modulation bars do move and they go from 3 to full bars of reception but no sound on any of them even when i lower the squelch, the rest of the stuff works fine iam picking up Monroe county stuff that is 50 miels away with no outside attenna and the Bristol site should be no problem its very high and about 30 miles at most,

STICKY1

thanks for the thread and i will check it out and try to go back into sentinel and rest everything see if that helps , thanks

n2pqq

Premium Subscriber
Looking at this system there are only 18 talk groups listed for the entire state.

Two of these are listed as Geneva talk groups.

151 097 D GenvElec/Gas Gas Utilities
153 099 D Call Center Call Center Utilities

Could be there is little or no traffic on those talk groups.

STICKY1

I do see the talk groups but when I uploaded them from the sentinel software , for the 536hp uniden and the RR database the settings should be set to receive audio ( correct ) that's what I have been doing but I have been monitoring for days and hear nothing, so my question is anyone else receiving audio ? monitor is on, everything looks good but no sound ?

Status
Not open for further replies.