NYSP in NYC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimru

Premium Subscriber
The Troopers used to have a permanent presence in the Javits. They had their own rooms and a temp lockup. They stopped that about six or seven years ago.

Immediately after 9/11/2001 the entire venue was closed to regular convention usage and was used as a base of operations for all government units related to the WTC collapse.

I haven't been there since 2010.

Sconnick

As others have already mentioned, the mass entrance of all these troopers into NYC is a direct result of the pissing match going on between Mayor DeBlasio and Gov. Cuomo. The TBTA lettering scheme is also directly related.

It's actually wildly entertaining for a person who can't stand either one of them!

Jimru

Premium Subscriber
As others have already mentioned, the mass entrance of all these troopers into NYC is a direct result of the pissing match going on between Mayor DeBlasio and Gov. Cuomo. The TBTA lettering scheme is also directly related.

It's actually wildly entertaining for a person who can't stand either one of them!

Just curious, but how is the presence of NYSP in NYC supposed to piss off De Blasio?

Jimru

Premium Subscriber
NYC is De Blasio's Kingdom.

I guess what I mean is: there have always been NYS Troopers in NYC, are there more of them now? Have they usurped any of the NYPD's responsibilities?

When I worked at the JKJCC, the Troopers had a permanent presence there and I don't recall it bothering either Bloomberg or Rudy before him!

Apologies for hijacking the thread about this.

minasha

I saw NYSP troopers on the Staten Island expressway hiding behind an overpass aiming a Radar gun
at cars going by. The next day I saw them pulling over a vehicle near the clove rd exit.
Why this is needed? I don't know? we have enough with NYPD highway units.

Status
Not open for further replies.