• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

OASIS on a XTS5000

Status
Not open for further replies.

wiscanfan

I am attempting to program a XTS5000 for OASIS. A friend of mine has one already programmed up on it and has flawless scanning. I have given up on scanners and the new Uniden ones are just too expensive so went with a Motorola. When programming it up for some reason even though I have it on personalty 17 the red transmit light blinks on and off. I don't know why it would be doing that and I have not had a chance to have it checked out. Does the radio ID matter?. I chose one that is currently in the database so that should not be an issue. I have to be close since his radio works great none of that garbled audio from scanners.

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
….the red transmit light blinks on and off. I don't know why it would be doing that and I have not had a chance to have it checked out. Does the radio ID matter?. I chose one that is currently in the database so that should not be an issue.

Look, we understand what you are wanting to do. We get it.
But you need to turn the radio off right now and leave it off until you get this sorted out.
The red light blinking means it's trying to affiliate. If you are using an existing radio ID, you can be impacting the ability of that radio to properly use the system. That means that a police officer, fire fighter, paramedic, etc might not be able to use their radio because of what yours is doing. You are actively putting someone else's life at risk. Let me say that again; YOU ARE ACTIVELY PUTTING SOMEONES LIFE AT RISK.
You also run the risk of getting your radio bricked by the system administrator. That might be a good thing at this point.

Please, for the love of God, turn the radio off and leave it off.

MTS2000des

5B2_BEE00 Czar
I'm troubled by the number of people that try doing this and don't understand the ramifications.
I look at it as a form of job security for us. Granted, I'd much rather not have to track down pirates and our users' safety not compromised, but when it does happen, we're on it.
The product of the "YouTube SME" generation. One thinks they can watch a couple of YouTube videos, skim through a couple of web forums, and away they go. They get just enough knowledge to be a danger to themselves and others.

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
They get just enough knowledge to be a danger to themselves and others.

Small explosive charge in the radio triggered by remote command, via trunked system or MDC command.

Not enough to hurt the owner, just enough to permanently destroy the radio. Even a small firecracker would be sufficient.

So glad I put in the NexEdge system and don't have to worry about this nonsense.

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
Small explosive charge in the radio triggered by remote command, via trunked system or MDC command.

Not enough to hurt the owner, just enough to permanently destroy the radio. Even a small firecracker would be sufficient.

30-ish grams of high explosive would be ideal...

wardaddy

When your radio gets inhibited, I'll give you a crisp $20 bill for it.

Seriously, please stop. There is no happy ending here.

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
I think the OP has been given enough advice. It's up to him to act on that advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.