OCFR/OFD..

Status
Not open for further replies.

n2hbx

Premium Subscriber
The OFD 25A and OC 46C systems will merge again as they once were in analog mode. The merged system will use the 46C system ID. There will probably be some reassignment of talkgroup IDs as well as some new ones.

Larry

TEH

Orange Co-Orlando system merge

Hello and thanks for posting this very helpful information.

This prompts a few questions:
1. What is the timetable for this conversion?
2. Is this a return to the SmartZone setup, with systems linked as before, or will the Orlando system disappear, to be replaced by the Orange County system?
3. Will there be any change in which agencies are encrypted and which are not encrypted?
4. Will the Maitland and Winter Park digital systems be part of this transition?

thank you

exportdawg

Hello and thanks for posting this very helpful information.

This prompts a few questions:
1. What is the timetable for this conversion?
2. Is this a return to the SmartZone setup, with systems linked as before, or will the Orlando system disappear, to be replaced by the Orange County system?
3. Will there be any change in which agencies are encrypted and which are not encrypted?
4. Will the Maitland and Winter Park digital systems be part of this transition?

thank you

I understand it will happen on March 3rd in the AM. As for the other questions, I am hoping to get some info on it as well.

james32746

Premium Subscriber
I understand it will happen on March 3rd in the AM. As for the other questions, I am hoping to get some info on it as well.

Some Orlando radios appear to be affiliating with the Orange County system, TGID's appear to be identical to the current Orlando ones except with a 2 before the current ID number (example - OFD Dispatch current TGID on Orlando system - 351, new TGID on OC system - 20351)

n2hbx

Premium Subscriber
It will be a linked SmartZone system like the old 1F36 system. It will use 46C as the System ID. As before, some radios will remain linked to either the Orlando side or the Orange County side while others will utilize the wide area coverage.

There are no changes in clear/encrypted TGs...if it's clear or encrypted now, it still will be. The exception is Metro 1 will return to clear, and new Metro TGs 9-16 will be encrypted.

There are no plans for Maitland and Winter Park to rejoin...at least for now.

Reprogramming is occurring as we speak.

Larry

james32746

Premium Subscriber
At 6 AM, Orlando switched to the Orange County system, all Orlando services are now being heard on Site 1 and now technicians from Orlando and Orange County are in the process of shutting down 25A and merging it into 46C.

I think that after the site conversion is completed that some of the services now on Site 1 will move back to the Orlando site only.

tampabaynews

Keeping your PIO busy
Premium Subscriber
Any idea when Orlando will go back to the site?

No rush. :) I have much better luck receiving them on Orange.

S

SARCommCoord

OFD/OCFR

We are currently on the new system at Rural Metro. I can tell you that reception is 10x better. We will also be adding Seminole County Fire to our radio matrix once they merge onto the P25 system.

trunktracking

Orange County Fire Rescue Talkgroups Suddenly Silent On Original Main Simulcast Site

All,

When Orlando Fire Department transitioned to the Orange County System recently, I noticed that all OCFRD Fire Talkgroups with the exception of Talkgroup 131 Fire Dispatch, have gone silent on the original Simulcast site, which I presume is still accurate in frequency listing on the Radio Reference Database.

To solve this problem, I am having a friend run a trunking analysis program to confirm that the Simulcast Frequencies are still accurate, and have not changed.

Likewise, I am running the Trunking Discovery Mode on both my BCD436HP and BCD536HP on the old Simulcast Site and NOTHING is showing up for FIRE2 thru FIRE 15 or the Mutual Aid's, at the same time transmissions are active on the OCFRD Radio Reference feed, which only has a 30 second delay from real-time.

Please share what you hear in comparison, in this thread, so we can all work together to figure out what is causing this issue and update the RadioReference Frequency Talkgroup database, asap.

All My Best,

Joe Mattern, 'Trunktracking'
Founder: C.A.R.E.
Citizens Against Radio Encryption
C.A.R.E. :

Last edited:

trunktracking

Problem Solved: Orange County Fire Rescue Talkgroups Suddenly Silent

All,

When OFD migrated to the Orange County System earlier this week, I immediately reprogrammed both my Uniden BCD436HP and BCD536HP scanners. During the process, I elected to clear the memory of both scanners before programming.

After many hours of troubleshooting why I could not hear OCFRD fireground talkgroups Fire 2-Fire 8, only Fire 1 Dispatch, since OFD joined the network about Tuesday of this last week, I solved the problem by doing the following:

1. Uniden Sentinel Software for the BCDx36HP scanners lists all 28 frequencies of the Orange County, Florida P25 Simulcast System as Simulcast site frequencies. I elected to remove all of the frequencies, except for those used as primary and secondary control channels as listed on the Radio Reference database.

2. After reprogramming, I noticed after looking thru the Sentinel software, right after I downloaded the Orange County System from RadioReference, that a box (which was pre-programmed) was unchecked, indicating 'Fire-Tac' which in fact Fire 2-8 are.

So, the question remains, when I ran a Trunking Discovery of the Orange County P25 system, using both the UNIDEN BCD436HP and BCD536HP scanners, why did Trunking Discovery show most of the talkgroups on the Simulcast site, over a 24 period of time, but not OCFRD Fire 2-8 which normally stay active? They were in fact active when comparing them to the RadioReference OCFRD feed in real-time.

Can removing all of the frequencies and leaving just the known primary and control channels make the difference between hearing Fire 1-8 as opposed to Fire 1 Dispatch?

While this was a frustrating problem and one of the harder for me to troubleshoot, being that I have been programming trunked scanners since the first UNIDEN BC235XLT, I always rely on what is factual information such as FCC Databases for frequencies and talkgroups found by trunking analysis programs like PRO96 and Uniden's Trunking Discovery and listen to them first, for verification, before relying on RadioReference information as gospel.

As more and more scanners come 'out of the box pre-programmed', it is still very important to have knowledge of programming, to make sure you are able to hear everything your scanner can monitor regarding comms you are most interested in listening to.

I hope this post helps those with the new UNIDEN BCD436HP/BCD536HP radios, as they are probably experiencing the same problems I just did. This may also relate to why the OCFRD Feed numbers on RadioReference are triple that of normal listeners on a Sunday night, with no major events occurring in the County.

A special thank you to Reese who hosts the Orange County Fire Feed on RadioReference as well as Dave KD4OLC and Joe Cardani for patiently helping me work thru and troubleshoot this problem throughout the weekend.

My New UNIDEN BCD436HP & BCD536HP scanners are sounding EXCELLENT on the Orange County Simulcast System, especially with the addition of the new OFD talkgroups.

All My Best,

'Trunktracking'.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Have you programmed in the Orlando Simulcast site that was added to the database a few days ago?

Status
Not open for further replies.