citygirlleosprtr

Chloe Nicole💙❤🤍💛🇬🇧🇺🇸
Hi you all. I am Chloe.

I am looking for some old police radio traffic from the following agencies (and ANY other agency you all may have):

-PSP.
-Silver Spring Township Police Department.
-Carlisle Police Department.
-Mechanicsburg Police Department.
-Lower Allen Township Police Department.
-Upper Allen Township Police Department.
-Shiremanstown Police Department.
-Hampden Township Police.
-Camp Hill Police Department.
-Shippensburg Borough Police
-Cumberland County Sheriff's Office.
-West Shore Regional Police
-Susquehanna Township Police (Dauphin County)

I am fully aware that all LE agencies in CC are encrypted, but was wondering if any recordings of older traffic exist (from just before encryption to the oldest records). Weather online or at a library. I cannot pay to listen, at least, not yet. This could be major incidents or just routine traffic, and whatever is legal, obviously. I don't mind. I am just curious what it sounded like. If you all require years, maybe… circa 1970s to 2010. Or eariler or later. I don't know what is possible and when encryption was established in the county and by these area agencies.

I have checked YouTube to no avail, which- I know- likely means none exist or this isn't possible.

My grandmother had a scanner when I was a little girl, but I don't remember the format, codes, etc. If this isn't possible, I understand.

Thanks you all! Stay safe. Cheers.

Last edited:

citygirlleosprtr

Chloe Nicole💙❤🤍💛🇬🇧🇺🇸
Oh, and off-topic. With most public safety agencies in this^ area going encrypted in 2025, I would like to listen to PENNDOT this winter, for the first time, actually.

I have a Uniden BC345CRS and a Baofeng BF-F8+. Where can I find their frequencies? I live in Cumberland County.

Thanks again!

druhe

Premium Subscriber
PennDot along with many other state agencies operate on a statewide radio system known as PA StarNet . PA Starnet is a P25 Phase 2 digital radio system, unfortunately you BC345CRS and Baofeng radios are not capable of receiving this system. You will need to upgrade to a Uniden 325P2 / 996P2, Uniden 436 / 536 or Uniden SDS 100 / 200 to be able to listen in.

u2brent

OAMPT
Premium Subscriber
PENNDOT can be monitored, P25 PH2 capability is needed.
You can still listen to Chester County Law Enforcement in the clear, They sound like some of the local PD's that can no longer be monitored.

They all sounded similar
I believe York Co LE Dispatch is clear.
As well as Dauphin Co (For Now)

These can be heard on Broadcastify and the Calls Platform.

Last edited:

KC1THE

Hi you all. I am Chloe.

I am looking for some old police radio traffic from the following agencies (and ANY other agency you all may have):

-PSP.
-Silver Spring Township Police Department.
-Carlisle Police Department.
-Mechanicsburg Police Department.
-Lower Allen Township Police Department.
-Upper Allen Township Police Department.
-Shiremanstown Police Department.
-Hampden Township Police.
-Camp Hill Police Department.
-Shippensburg Borough Police
-Cumberland County Sheriff's Office.
-West Shore Regional Police
-Susquehanna Township Police (Dauphin County)

I am fully aware that all LE agencies in CC are encrypted, but was wondering if any recordings of older traffic exist (from just before encryption to the oldest records). Weather online or at a library. I cannot pay to listen, at least, not yet. This could be major incidents or just routine traffic, and whatever is legal, obviously. I don't mind. I am just curious what it sounded like. If you all require years, maybe… circa 1970s to 2010. Or eariler or later. I don't know what is possible and when encryption was established in the county and by these area agencies.

I have checked YouTube to no avail, which- I know- likely means none exist or this isn't possible.

My grandmother had a scanner when I was a little girl, but I don't remember the format, codes, etc. If this isn't possible, I understand.

Thanks you all! Stay safe. Cheers.
Hello @citygirlleosprtr, you might try archive.org. There are some agency recordings there but not sure for the locations you desire. Good luck!

Example:

Last edited:

citygirlleosprtr

Chloe Nicole💙❤🤍💛🇬🇧🇺🇸
PennDot along with many other state agencies operate on a statewide radio system known as PA StarNet . PA Starnet is a P25 Phase 2 digital radio system, unfortunately you BC345CRS and Baofeng radios are not capable of receiving this system. You will need to upgrade to a Uniden 325P2 / 996P2, Uniden 436 / 536 or Uniden SDS 100 / 200 to be able to listen in.
I apologise- I don't know how to reply without it repeating your reply. I know it is distracting. I usually remove it, but it isn't working on the computer.

Thank you for your reply, mate. I cannot upgrade and won't ever be able to. I cannot afford another scanner.

Cheers! Be safe!

citygirlleosprtr

Chloe Nicole💙❤🤍💛🇬🇧🇺🇸
Hello @citygirlleosprtr, you might try archive.org. There are some agency recordings there but not sure for the locations you desire. Good luck!

Example:
Thank you, mate! I will try this. Even if the agencies I listed aren't on there, I am sure other now-encrypted agencies I have never heard are on there.

Cheers! Be safe!

citygirlleosprtr

Chloe Nicole💙❤🤍💛🇬🇧🇺🇸
PENNDOT can be monitored, P25 PH2 capability is needed.
You can still listen to Chester County Law Enforcement in the clear, They sound like some of the local PD's that can no longer be monitored.

They all sounded similar
I believe York Co LE Dispatch is clear.
As well as Dauphin Co (For Now)

These can be heard on Broadcastify and the Calls Platform.
Thank you! I have listened to Chester County on Gordon Edwards' Scanner Radio. I like their agency. I listen to agencies in the US, Canada, Australia, and my local area. I'll listen to two agencies at a time, then switch them to others after a week.

One13Truck

Feed Provider
I wish we had the scanners of today back in the day. I’ve seen one person locally post old audio files from cassettes they found in a relative’s attic and a few other random video clips and audio files they had saved.

At one time I had a bunch of stuff recorded but most was lost over the years due to computer upgrades and hard drive failures. I have a few things locally saved on my current ready to die computers but not nearly as much as I used to. Also a few SD cards stored away from more recent years as well but unfortunately that’s it.

Oh to have a time machine. Some people would want to take back the Sports Almanac. I’d be taking my SDS’s. And maybe that Almanac for “research purposes”.