On Line Scanner Feeds

Status
Not open for further replies.

ch40n1k

Scan-Denver said:
Very little bandwidth is needed, I believe only 24 kbps upload is required for good sound which leaves the remainder of your bandwidth for internet browsing, email, and or whatever else you choose. The server in Georgia provides the bandwidth for listeners. Any agency within your coverage area that isn't already being streamed on the scancolorado.com web site is available.

Thanks. I was thinking I'd setup a feed with Windows Media Encoder or whatnot, but I'll try the site in Georgia. Thanks!

Scan-Denver

ch40n1k said:
Thanks. I was thinking I'd setup a feed with Windows Media Encoder or whatnot, but I'll try the site in Georgia. Thanks!
Well you are more than welcome to use WME if you want to, however listeners eat up your bandwidth using this method unless you have a server to upload to. Using the scancolorado.com server in Georgia, the bandwidth for listeners is provided allowing you to keep most of your bandwidth and system resources.

If you're interested in the latter option, contact myself, or Gordon and we can get you setup normally within just a few minutes provided you have a patch cord to plug into your scanner's head phone jack and the other end to your computer's sound card (preferrably the "Line In" jack or the "Mic" jack).

ch40n1k

Scan-Denver said:
Well you are more than welcome to use WME if you want to, however listeners eat up your bandwidth using this method unless you have a server to upload to. Using the scancolorado.com server in Georgia, the bandwidth for listeners is provided allowing you to keep most of your bandwidth and system resources.

If you're interested in the latter option, contact myself, or Gordon and we can get you setup normally within just a few minutes provided you have a patch cord to plug into your scanner's head phone jack and the other end to your computer's sound card (preferrably the "Line In" jack or the "Mic" jack).

Fortunately for me, I lease a dedicated server that use for web hosting, experimentation, backup and whatnot. I only have a mono jack on me, so I'll have to swing by RS tomorrow and pick one up. All of this is assuming that I can broadcast a feed that no one else is already broadcasting.

Scan-Denver

ch40n1k said:
Fortunately for me, I lease a dedicated server that use for web hosting, experimentation, backup and whatnot. I only have a mono jack on me, so I'll have to swing by RS tomorrow and pick one up. All of this is assuming that I can broadcast a feed that no one else is already broadcasting.
Yes you are the fortunate one !
Perhaps if you aren't busy tomorrow between the hours of 12pm - 3pm, you could meet most of us at Lukes Pizza place in Centennial and we could discuss it further ?

ch40n1k

Scan-Denver said:
Yes you are the fortunate one ! Perhaps if you aren't busy tomorrow between the hours of 12pm - 3pm, you could meet most of us at Lukes Pizza place in Centennial and we could discuss it further ?
I have committed and I will be there! My wife and I were just looking at the map ... it should only take me about a day to get there from Lakewood. ;)

Scan-Denver

ch40n1k said:
I have committed and I will be there! My wife and I were just looking at the map ... it should only take me about a day to get there from Lakewood. ;)
Awesome !

looking forward to meeting you and discussing the online scanner thing further ! My email address is in my signature below, if you need any assistance or have any questions, feel free to contact me directly !

ch40n1k

Scan-Denver said:
Awesome !

looking forward to meeting you and discussing the online scanner thing further ! My email address is in my signature below, if you need any assistance or have any questions, feel free to contact me directly !

Thanks Bill!

Sonny303

Hey ladies and gents! Do we or does anyone have a feed for Pueblo? I'm from Pueblo and still have family that lives there! Would love to be able to hear what's going on in Pueblo! Let me know...Would Ya!!!
Sonny303

firescannerbob

Feed Provider
Sonny303 said:
Hey ladies and gents! Do we or does anyone have a feed for Pueblo? I'm from Pueblo and still have family that lives there! Would love to be able to hear what's going on in Pueblo! Let me know...Would Ya!!!
Sonny303
I used to feed the FD traffic (from up in Colorado Springs), but the computer I used for that died. I'd like to see someone from down there host a feed.

datainmotion

Premium Subscriber
What about a feed for Metro civilian aero comms? I'd be willing to stream it from my 780 if there is interest. Looking for a cheap desktop...

Last edited:

datainmotion

Premium Subscriber
I talked with Bill earlier and am just waiting to see if anyone is interested in a feed from me (on ScanColorado) for this...you are the first so far. My thought was civ aero; mostly KDEN but also transistion tfc, airinc enroute, etc. That's where I'd need the feedback. Should I just stream comms specific to tfc entering and exisitng DEN or also include BJC, APA, FTC, etc?

Mike

Last edited:

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
Yes that would be great Mike and fill an important void for us.

Thanks Jim<

Scan-Denver

datainmotion said:
I talked with Bill earlier and am just waiting to see if anyone is interested in a feed from me (on ScanColorado) for this...you are the first so far. My thought was civ aero; mostly KDEN but also transistion tfc, airinc enroute, etc. That's where I'd need the feedback. Should I just stream comms specific to tfc entering and exisitng DEN or also include BJC, APA, FTC, etc?

Mike
Mike, are you able to receive Gilpin County Sheriff's Office, Black Hawk PD, and Central City PD ? If so, those are available for streaming if you're interested ?

captaincraig44

Premium Subscriber
datainmotion said:

Mike

My thought would be to not include APA and BJC - at least not the tower comms. Maybe all the arrival and departure freqs for the area? The AIRINC enroute comms are usually nothing interesting and would probably be a waste of airtime in my opinion. Where abouts are you located? That will help to compile a list of valid freqs if you so choose to set this up.

Last edited:

datainmotion

Premium Subscriber
Scan-Denver said:
Mike, are you able to receive Gilpin County Sheriff's Office, Black Hawk PD, and Central City PD ? If so, those are available for streaming if you're interested ?

I believe I get all three here no problem. I will listen for an hour or so to confirm tonight as all 3 are already on my 780.

datainmotion

Premium Subscriber
captaincraig44 said:
My thought would be to not include APA and BJC - at least not the tower comms. Maybe all the arrival and departure freqs for the area? The AIRINC enroute comms are usually nothing interesting and would probably be a waste of airtime in my opinion. Where abouts are you located? That will help to compile a list of valid freqs if you so choose to set this up.

OK on focusing on DEN. OK on AIRINC.

Approximately 112th @ Colorado. I have a clear line of site to DEN and have no problem listening to Air to Ground and Ground comms from here.

Status
Not open for further replies.