One "do all" programming software

Status
Not open for further replies.

wizardofid

I've recently changed radio platforms from Whistler (EZscan software) to Uniden (Sentinel software) and I am wondering if there is a single "do all" software, that is compatible with my SDS200, that will allow me to program my Uniden scanner in the same manner that EZscan did for my Whistlers? The EZscan software allowed me to make settings and adjustments directly from the software to my TRX-1 and WS1098 radios... as well as manipulate the frequency database and channels to my liking.

Is there a programming software that can do the same for my SDS200???

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I've recently changed radio platforms from Whistler (EZscan software) to Uniden (Sentinel software) and I am wondering if there is a single "do all" software, that is compatible with my SDS200, that will allow me to program my Uniden scanner in the same manner that EZscan did for my Whistlers? The EZscan software allowed me to make settings and adjustments directly from the software to my TRX-1 and WS1098 radios... as well as manipulate the frequency database and channels to my liking.

Is there a programming software that can do the same for my SDS200???
Sentinel can do most of what EZ-Scan does, and works for the SDS as well as the x36HP series scanners. In Sentinel, your profile is where you enter settings that are then downloaded to the scanner. It does not have the "Library Import" feature of EZ-Scan, but you can append systems from the main database to the scanner.

You can find a download link for Sentinel here. You do not have to have the scanner to download the software.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Nope. There's only 2 very old programs that I know of that can - ARC8 and I believe Scan Cpntrol also can. Whether they would work on Win10 is questionable, and it looks like Scan Control is gone....Mike

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
ProScan does complete remote control, audio streaming, and programming.

proscan.org has a 30-day free trial.
proscan is a much better software package than ez-scan or sentine ever were or will be.l
All of the above is true. I also use ProScan programming on the x36HP and SDS series scanners.

However, unlike Sentinel, ProScan does not include a Profile editor. Bob (the author of ProScan) has stated that he preferred to work on & improve other aspects of the software versus trying to duplicate what Sentinel also does. And, of course, Sentinel is required for database or firmware updates.

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
I've recently changed radio platforms from Whistler (EZscan software) to Uniden (Sentinel software) and ...
Last I knew, EZ Scan will not let you export anything that was originally imported from Radio Reference. If you manually entered the data, export will work. But if you manually entered the data into EZ Scan, why not do the same for the Uniden?

I've run into this issue (or some flavor of it) so many times, I now keep my programming in an Excel file. I then convert from Excel to whatever each scanner's software needs. It provides a way to organize in a similar manner, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.